Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it with people who reverse into parking spaces! OK I know when things are tight it is sometimes the better way but for instance in front of my office we have a line of cars parked, there is plenty of space, there are no obstacles or continuous traffic flow etc. Most just pull up with the front of the car against the wall, get out and start work. One or two people insist on reversing into the space and you know when they have arrived because you hear the
reverse.....
forward......
reverse......
forward.....
reverse - bump (hits wall)......
forward......
gets out to take a look.....
reverse......
gets out, opens boot....
can't quite reach stuff.....
forward......
back to boot.....
leaves car parked at odd angle....

WTF is it all about as they do the same thing every day? :rant:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you'd only be moaning if they were all causing chaos trying to reverse OUT when you're going home from work
Nope, it never causes a problem, there is no traffic behind, you just reverse out and then you are on your way.

are they all women by any chance?
Actually not, there is about 50/50 male to female split. However it is interesting to note that the reverse parkers are 'awkward' in other ways throughout the day. I feel a thesis coming on here :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Me too and always in one move! And I'm female!

So there you go - both stereotypes dismissed in one go!!! :cheese::cheese:

(bit obsessional about parking though!) :rolleyes:
:lol: Quality, female and can reverse park :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Is it reversing onto a road when you leave as technically you are breaking the law!!! Reverse in all the way!:lol:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it reversing onto a road when you leave as technically you are breaking the law!!! Reverse in all the way
That would be 'avoid reversing into a main road' which is not the case here.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Well its been a few years since I read my highway code. Just keeping you on your toes!:lol:

R

·
0 Posts
I think its terrible the way women get flamed for not being able to reverse park, its not their fault God put their brain in back to front :tut:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts