Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me whether there is a video input in the back of the connect +.
I am planning a reverse camera to my GT with wireless connection to the connect screen , has anyone done this please.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok , had a good read , think I’ll get one these rear view mirrors with video screen . Or a flip up screen to sit on the dash.

Anyone with better suggestions , bearing in mind , keeping connect +

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
Ah ok , had a good read , think I’ll get one these rear view mirrors with video screen . Or a flip up screen to sit on the dash.

Anyone with better suggestions , bearing in mind , keeping connect +
yes, dump connect (very old technology, no map updates etc) and get something like Seicane :
https://www.seicane.com/android-hd-touchscreen-aftermarket-radio-for-2007-2013-alfa-romeo-gt-car-stereo-dvd-player-gps-navigation-system-bluetooth-phone-music-support-backup-camera-1080p-video-mirror-link-obdii-dvr-steering-wheel-control-s018805

·
Registered
3,709 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link to the Seicane Unit , it seems Ok but a tad expensive !
Does anyone have any other recommendations please......Or even a good site to browse.

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
Thanks for the link to the Seicane Unit , it seems Ok but a tad expensive !
Does anyone have any other recommendations please......Or even a good site to browse.
just do a search on ebay, alibaba etc....
If you're not fixated on connect look-alike, there are lots of 2din models available of course ;)

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK thanks , , I am almost going that route as of now the battery went on the MOT and its drowned the Connect system so it will not boot up . I will have to find the manual online to see if I bring it back to life!

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
t I did have a fully working system , albeit with slow technology.I have exhausted the manual and cannot find a way out.
The screen just stays grey and sometimes switches off and now doesn't after ign off.

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
Is there anyone out there, that might explain this please.
Do you also have a blinking odometer ?
If yes, you have a CAN bus problem, which could be the connect having a problem communicating.
If so, you could try a "Proxy Alignment" , either via dealer or DIY if you have MultiEcuScan

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you also have a blinking odometer ?
If yes, you have a CAN bus problem, which could be the connect having a problem communicating.
If so, you could try a "Proxy Alignment" , either via dealer or DIY if you have MultiEcuScan
No blinking odemeter, just boots to a grey screen then shuts down , honestly when I got the car it has had so many flat batteries and junp starts , even when I have owned it in the last month , then flat again at MOT and jump started again , that I have put in a new battery, No fault of its own I suppose.
I tried Multiscan but it says I have the wrong lead so will not connect (pun)! to connect + or body computer perhaps someone can direct me to proper lead.

Proxy alignment ?
Many thanks for helping , I really dont want to spend 300 pounds as apart from sticky buttons it SEEMED to work!

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you look under the following, you can see the required leads for your car/module (note page loads a bit slow initialy) :
https://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx
That's good thanks , should have known that , would I be able to sort the Proxy with normal Registered version or maybe worth it to go up a level.
I am getting a loan of a ELM CABLE tomorrow , if it doesn't connect then Ill buy the cable suggested.

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
......... , would I be able to sort the Proxy with normal Registered version or maybe worth it to go up a level.
? There is no level up from the registered version ??
And yes, with the registered version you can perform a proxy alignment.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
? There is no level up from the registered version ??
And yes, with the registered version you can perform a proxy alignment.
Thats great, I thought there was multiplexed , perhaps I was seeing things.
So looking forward to a result.

·
Premium Member
7,847 Posts
Thats great, I thought there was multiplexed , perhaps I was seeing things.
So looking forward to a result.
Multiplexed is the same tool, just a different fysical interface allowing you to do without the elm interface and adapter cables.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts