Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small but annoying problem.
My rev counter suddenly stops and starts for no reason. Any ideas??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did you turn the key to zero,and when started the engine again when it happend??? :D :D

(Daaahh,sorry) :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David,
I have the same problem on my 97 2.lT 16v drives me mad,I have to bang the dash to get it working again.Happens at random and I took out the instrument pod and cleaned the contacts all to no avail.sorry I cant be of much help but do many others suffer the same? :mad:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If memory serves me right, you all drive 1997 cars.......a pattern here or am I wrong???

wrinx

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wrinks,
What are you telling us? Yes mine is also a 1997.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dunno, but its a strange coincidence, perhaps a bad batch of speedo's or instrument pods.

Check the sender and instrument panel for breaks or dry joints.

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm Have the very same problem in my 155 too.

Only happened a couple of times last summer on the two really hot days, gave the pod a whack and all ok!!!

Oh mines a 97 too!!!! Yikes.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is beginning to sound like a problem with the needle, two people have to "bash" the clock to get a reading. Perhaps a drop of WD40 in the right place might solve it....if you can get to it. Remove the pod and have a look, its only two screws!

wrinx

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmmm Rather not remove the pod, sods law i'll either drop it or break something!!!

Suppose i would if i had to replace a bulb or it was more serious!

Guess i'm a little afraid of disturbing that oh-so delicate italian wiring!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Rather than start a new thread about rev counters I decided to do a search. Low and behold I find this one.

MY CAR IS A 1997 155 aswell !!!!!!!!! and I only picked it up today. Already the rev counter has stopped. Everything else is A-1 but it's nice to know this is a common problem :) I'll remember to belt the dash when i get into it next time :p

Definitely too much of a coincidence !!!!

EDIT: Without doing anything, the rev counter is working again. Obviously something dodgy in there

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys

This is eerie eek! eek!

Wonder if Jimybob has come across this?

Might be worth popping into your local dealer and saying you know of about half a dozen 155's with this problem and see what they say!!!

wrinx

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine's a '97 as well and my rev counters still working!! :D

However my oil temp gauge isn't! :(

---------------------
Ian H

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beazlbob,

Hope you are enjoying your 155 wink

Oil temp gauge down to a broken sensor but it will have to wait until i replace the front undertray as this is hanging on by the skin of its teeth! eek!
------------------------
Ian H

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this happens on lancias the speedos also do it but i cant for life of me remember how to fix it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts