Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

after a break since 2012 - I am considering returning to the Alfa experience....

4 yrs is enough to forget about wishbones, variators, mafs and timing belts...

So Seriously considering this Brera.
https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-alfa-brera/11727887

Went to look at it today, and although it is far from perfect - with a few things fixed, it might work for me....

So :
- anyone know this car ?

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I think disco_stu was looking at this as well. It looks very nice; what did you find wrong with it?

Good luck in your search. :thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing major wrong.

I think it has had a front end shunt as the bumper, right wing and drivers door have been repainted...
Other thing is that the level of wear inside the car does not tally with the milage --- door cards, handles, the steering wheel, pedals, gear knob all looks 'shook'
Wheel liner missing on drivers side

I also wonder if its the original engine -- it has definately had the head off at some stage...

In spite of these, it reasonable for the price !

I think disco_stu was looking at this as well. It looks very nice; what did you find wrong with it?

Good luck in your search. :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Nothing major wrong.

I think it has had a front end shunt as the bumper, right wing and drivers door have been repainted...
Other thing is that the level of wear inside the car does not tally with the milage --- door cards, handles, the steering wheel, pedals, gear knob all looks 'shook'
Wheel liner missing on drivers side

I also wonder if its the original engine -- it has definately had the head off at some stage...

In spite of these, it reasonable for the price !
Sounds shonky enough to walk away from to me. Unless you can get underneath you won't know the extent of the shunt damage and even then it's not a given. The fact the wheel liner is missing at the site of the damage would indicate the repair wasn't done very thoroughly. Excessive interior wear for the mileage is a huge no-no. The 2.2 JTS wouldn't be my choice of power either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, in the end I went against all advice and bought that red Brera (2.2 JTS).

I changed the oil, plugs and filters, cleaned electro solenoids, replaced a broken rear spring.

5 months and 4k miles in now, used every day 65mile round trip.

Really only had a few minor issues with the drivers window and sticking boot lock.

(I have probably hexed it now with this post.....)

Attachments

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
Congrats, looks great, good to hear it's treating you well & that you're enjoying it :thumbs:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Congrats. I'd have a Breara in heartbeat, but I'd have to ditch one of the kids.

·
Administrator
88,043 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts