Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to return to Alfa ownership after around an 18 month break. :thumbs:

I couldnt take being without one any longer, after falling in love with the 147 after the first time around i decided to buy this. My second 147, this time a step up to a 2 litre.

I'm delighted with how well she cleaned up.:)

Let me know what you all think, good or bad im prepared for it:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Adf83.

I was originaly after a newer reg and one with the 17 inch supersport alloys.

But this one came up at the right time, at a good price and i could not resist:)

77k on the clock and cam belt changed within the last six months. :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Easy enough to change the wheels. I'd rather have a mechanically sound car, that I could change cosmetically later. The 147 does need 17" wheels to fill the arches though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easy enough to change the wheels. I'd rather have a mechanically sound car, that I could change cosmetically later. The 147 does need 17" wheels to fill the arches though.
My thoughts exactly.
Totaly agree, it's crying out for the 17"s and a set of clear side repeaters.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My car is lowered and it makes the 17's and the whole car look spot on. When I put clear side repeaters I ordered them from Fiat for the new Bravo, they're exactly the same but clear. I think the MiTo is the same. Got them here. Price each plus amber bulbs
Shop4Parts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car is lowered and it makes the 17's and the whole car look spot on. When I put clear side repeaters I ordered them from Fiat for the new Bravo, they're exactly the same but clear. I think the MiTo is the same. Got them here. Price each plus amber bulbs
Shop4Parts

Thanks for the link. A friend of mine suggested smoked or black tinted side repeaters. Never seen any in person though so will almost certainly be ordering the clear.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Looks great - the back box been replaced? it doesn't look the shape of the original.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great - the back box been replaced? it doesn't look the shape of the original.

I did wonder this myself. However there is no evidence of it being changed in the paperwork but it does not seem very rusty.

From memory though it looks similar to the original one on my previous 147 but cant really recall to clearly as i had that one replaced with a CSC backbox almost as soon as i got it.

Which is on the cards for this one too, as soon as i get around to it.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts