Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just thought I'd better say hello :thumbs:

After a gap of 8 years I got myself another GTV V6 a month ago. Its a nice 2002 lusso with aero kit, in Silver. Which appears to be in good nick. Its standard apart from a BMC induction kit, Powerflow exhaust, Powerflexed rear and FK rear dampers.

There is of course the LIST :) of things which need attention, but all have been covered before, so the answers are here. Which takes all the leg work out of it.

I'm very lucky as this is just to be a toy, it will (once I've been to the tip a few times) have its own heated garage.

Dave.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
welcome back to the mad house dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Dave

Please be aware that your GTV has been chipped by a company called Angel Tuning, I should know as I was the previous owner and still miss my silver machine like crazy! It did have FK Highsport coilovers all round but the front nearside starting misting oil and had to be replaced for the MOT. Same with the brakes, they were PowerAlfa drilled and grooved discs with DS2500 fast road pads and Goodridge braided hoses but like all good things they got worn out and one of the hoses actually split which made for an exciting moment.

As you can tell, I was nuts about her and lavished a lot of money and time but when I was confronted with a repair bill of £3k to £4k I just couldn't justify it or live with the long list of niggles and decided to lease a brand new C30 T5 Volvo which isn't anywhere near as fast or as fun. I sincerely hope you get as much enjoyment out of driving it as I did as it was and still is the most amazing car I've ever owned and was very sad to see it go after 6+ years of ownership.

All the best!

Stewart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts