Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I change the door nodes and the memory mirrors from the same car provider of the seats(erase the door node), now in the scan they appear ncm (motor control node) error, don't know why, the car is normal at every levels.. Proxy alignment doesn't work, I think the only option here is to reprogram the ecu.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
You will need to ensure the door nodes are active and then run a proxy alignment. When I fitted my memory seats the seat node added itself automatically. I've not fitted power mirrors so not sure about those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will need to ensure the door nodes are active and then run a proxy alignment. When I fitted my memory seats the seat node added itself automatically. I've not fitted power mirrors so not sure about those.
But your car was pre-installed to fit the electric seats?

My 159 version not so I had to take the plugs and connect the can-bus line from the seats to the main can-bus line of the car, everything is just working fine, but the car does not recognize it at all i'm stuck here lacking ideais :cross-eyed:

Im wondering if there are some way to connect the "can-line(node seats)" to a interface or something else that can unlock them to free use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have fitted Ti electric seats to my 159 sedan. All wiring and plugs were in place. Obviously an option from new.
Flashing odometer indicates the need for a proxy alignment.
I use multiecuscan, but am unable to connect using the proxy alignment function.
I have recently discovered on their home page that OBD Link interface, which I have, may not allow a connection using this function.
Rather than purchasing another interface, I contacted an Alfa Automotive shop to see if they could do this for me. They replied they had tried this for another customer without success, because they were not factory fitted to the car. They didn’t believe it would work.

My question: has anyone retrofitted electric seats to their 159 and carried out a proxy alignment successfully. If so, how?
Regards.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes it's possible I've done it. I simply used Multi ecu scan. However if there ia a fault with your seats then the counter will still flash.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My 2010 TI has folding mirrors, and the beige seats so they are manual.
I have (currently) no interest in the electric seats, but should there be wiring in place for the seats? what does it look like? There are some connectors going to the seats for the heating and airbags.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,799 Posts
Not point at all for me...cool as they are. Im the only one that drives my cars....the seat has not moved at all since the day I collected the car!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
They really come into their own if you have a disability. Being able to move the seat back to get in and out and then press the memory button to put the seat back just how you like it really is helpful.

Also if someone else drives your car the memory is a boon.

Not sure about the 159 but on some cars electric seats seem to be much more adaptable to get a comfortable seat position.

I can say that the early Ti seats really are much better quality than the ones fitted to the Tourismo. Not sure about Lusso seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Successfully completed proxi alignment procedure after retro-fitting electric Ti seats to 2007 159 Sedan.
After months of frustration, perseverance and various messages, from - unable to connect, proxi list in BCM empty, unstable connection, etc. problem now solved, no more flashing odometer.

Purchased an OBD-Protect interface from Fuchs in Germany. Their website claim Alfa and Multiecuscan compatibility. Arrived by mail in Australia in 5 days for $80. Not worth the hassle of altering cheap Chinese versions.
Still had problems connecting!
Cleaned up computer and updated latest version of windows, and checked latency settings in both Multiecuscan and com port in device manager. Still problems!
Re-installed com port driver in compatibility mode in device manager and bingo........connection. Proxi alignment took less than a minute.
Hope this helps others with similar issues.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Doing a similar project here on my Brera - upgrading to memories seats / mirrors. I am having the flashing odo meter issue, which I’ll go try a pro i alignment.

But the real problem here is I can’t seem to store mirror positions (they have been replaced with right ones from the donor car). The mirrors will only go all the way down if I press any of the stored positions.

Any idea? Do you have to switch the door module as well?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Successfully completed proxi alignment procedure after retro-fitting electric Ti seats to 2007 159 Sedan.
After months of frustration, perseverance and various messages, from - unable to connect, proxi list in BCM empty, unstable connection, etc. problem now solved, no more flashing odometer.

Purchased an OBD-Protect interface from Fuchs in Germany. Their website claim Alfa and Multiecuscan compatibility. Arrived by mail in Australia in 5 days for $80. Not worth the hassle of altering cheap Chinese versions.
Still had problems connecting!
Cleaned up computer and updated latest version of windows, and checked latency settings in both Multiecuscan and com port in device manager. Still problems!
Re-installed com port driver in compatibility mode in device manager and bingo........connection. Proxi alignment took less than a minute.
Hope this helps others with similar issues.
Hello ,

I want to add electric seats to my alfa romeo 159 2.4 2007 .
But the problem is the connector under the seat i am not sure if i have it .
Did your car had connector under the seat or you manually added the wires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello ,

I want to add electric seats to my alfa romeo 159 2.4 2007 .
But the problem is the connector under the seat i am not sure if i have it .
Did your car had connector under the seat or you manually added the wires?
My car was pre-wired.
just fitted seats and connected plugs.
seats worked ok, but flashing odometer till carrying out proxi alignment.
it will be obvious if it’s pre wired. There will be an unused plug next to the seat airbag and pre tensioner plug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My car was pre-wired.
just fitted seats and connected plugs.
seats worked ok, but flashing odometer till carrying out proxi alignment.
it will be obvious if it’s pre wired. There will be an unused plug next to the seat airbag and pre tensioner plug.
Thank you for your replay bud ,

I did a quick check on my car and i do have a black connector on the right side under the seat.
So the next step is to get the Electric Seats installed and run a proxy alignment.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts