Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I purchased last week a beautiful red 159 Ti MY08 and I've been stuppidly grinning since :)

One thing that was surprising was that the my Ti didn't have the memory seat option. They are heated but only have the manual adjustments. I thought all Tis had it but apparently it became optional in 08.

Anyway, is there a way to retrofit this system? Has anyone done it? Is it even possible?

I am thinking of finding another Ti seat from a breaker with all the electric mechanism. If so would it be a simple job to plug it in, is all the wiring sitting there unused?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I think they are part of the CAN network as it also memorises the mirror position and the settings seem to be stored in the BCU as unplugging and replugging the seat doesnt lose the settings.

Also what about your passenger seat?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Cj Romeo,

I wasn't aware that also the passenger seat would have the electric adjustments plus the memory. I thought it would only be for the driver's seat. In any case I only need it for the drivers seat as me and my other half are of very different sizes and it takes quite some time and faff to rearrange the seats after switching driver.

Regarding the CAN network, is it still available even if the electric seat option is not fitted? I am told by a breaker that if a similar seat comes by they would sell it for about £250 which I thnk is reasonable. The big question is whether it's a straight swap and plug, and whether I'd also acquire in the process the mirror adjustments etc.?

·
Registered
110 Posts
i got mine from a german dealer, turned, seats alone will give problem to the CAN network, your odo meter will flash, i ordered the wing mirrors from him yesterday, which are electrical foldable and should work together with memory seat on the driver's side, hope to solve the CAN problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ricoz,

Thanks for the info, please let me know when you fit the mirrors and whether the odometer will still flash. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same upgrade.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The odometer will still flash. This is telling you that the system is "out of sync" so to speak, to cure it you will need a proxy alignment on an Examiner at a dealer. This brings all the systems into line and should stop the problem. Although, you have added something that wasn't standard on the car into the CAN network, which could create other issues with the system that can't be solved with a proxy alignment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
thanks for the info adamcot, hopefully it will solve it, because the flashy odo is really bothering me. also, my dipped light on the right side went down yesterday, the computer couldn't tell me either, looks like it causes a bigger problem than i thought. :cry:

·
Registered
110 Posts
The odometer will still flash. This is telling you that the system is "out of sync" so to speak, to cure it you will need a proxy alignment on an Examiner at a dealer. This brings all the systems into line and should stop the problem. Although, you have added something that wasn't standard on the car into the CAN network, which could create other issues with the system that can't be solved with a proxy alignment.
I'm afraid that you are right, my local AR dealer tried everything, it couldn't be fixed, unless you get a new system that supports this addon, I guess that I just have to live with the flashing odometer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Ricoz,

Did you get the electrical folding mirrors installed as well? They are always fitted together with the electric seats so maybe the CANBUS cannot align without all the elements being in place.

·
Registered
422 Posts
One last suggestion...

I'm not sure if it will work, but to get around this problem on the Fiat Stilo, you could install a time power delay circuit. The CAN network runs it's checks within the first 10 seconds, as soon as that time has elapsed, you can add or take away nodes without causing the flashing mileage. I'm not saying that things are exactly the same on the 159, but it worked fine on the Stilo.

·
Registered
110 Posts
install electrical folding mirrors won't solve the problem, because all those extra stuffs are not standard in the CAN network.

adamcot: where can i get such delay circuit? i don't think my local AR workshop will do that for me.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
thanks mate. so i have to get one with 12v voltage with 4PCO socket? sorry for asking, but those things are not my special :confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
sweet, thanks mate.
i've read about fiatecuscan, is it possible to use that tool to ignor the flashing odometer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys

Adamcot and ricoz, i'm digging this thread up because i have the same problem, i swap to the electric seats, all is working fine but i'm having the same issue of blinking odometer, and the error is the door nodes, i want to now if you solve your problem and how, many thanks.

regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys

Adamcot and ricoz, i'm digging this thread up because i have the same problem, i swap to the electric seats, all is working fine but i'm having the same issue of blinking odometer, and the error is the door nodes, i want to now if you solve your problem and how, many thanks.

regards
Hi, did you get the folding mirrors installed? can you give please more details?
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts