Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Anyone knows if it is possible to retrofit a USB port below climate controls like newer Giulias have it? I only have 1 USB port under the arm rest with mp3 USB stick plugged in and sometimes i need to charge phone.

I guess that there should be some free connectors somewhere inside, so i just need to swap that blank plastic with the one with USB port.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well you could retrofit the plastic panel, and wire the socket to a usb charger. Youd have to buzz out the connections manually, and wire in the charger to the fuse bix or somewhere, but you could have a high speed charging port as a result.

I use a high speed charger plugged into the cigar lighter. The standard ports take ages to charge the phone anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
I think it's actually a complete USB hub, for a cost of around E 300,-, so it's probably cheaper to just make a separate charging circuit ;)
edit, however, could be wrong, see diagrams in following doc.

see f.i.
multimedia.pdf

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well you could retrofit the plastic panel, and wire the socket to a usb charger. Youd have to buzz out the connections manually, and wire in the charger to the fuse bix or somewhere, but you could have a high speed charging port as a result.

I use a high speed charger plugged into the cigar lighter. The standard ports take ages to charge the phone anyway.
whereabouts is the cigar lighter socket? i havent noticed it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Also it's pretty easy to just hardwire a separate usb connector from your cigarette lighter fuse. Just plug in an "add-a-fuse" into the cigarette lighter fuse, crimp or solder a 12v to 5v transformer with usb-female output, plug in your charging cable and you're done: lightning fast phone charging. That's what I did with my GT at least. Also hardwired a dashcam in the same manner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts