Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am very happy with my 159 2.0 JTDM 170 BHP TI. It has almost all toys you can imagine except for folding side mirrors. Does anyone have an idea if folding side mirrors can be retrofitted on my 159? My official Alfa Romeo dealer said it is impossible due to the canbus system. Would really love installing those if it is possible. If I'm right I need to buy the following items when retrofitting is possible:

- Both mirrors including the arms.
- Control panel with the switches for operating all power windows AND button to fold/unfold the side mirrors.
- Module inside the door housing which regulates the electrica signals to the board computer.
- Cables?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

AlialiNL

·
Registered
151 Posts
What year is it ? Should have them already being a TI and being a 2.0 JTDm - mine did, and I don't recall it being an option.

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
392 Posts
Hi all,

I am very happy with my 159 2.0 JTDM 170 BHP TI. It has almost all toys you can imagine except for folding side mirrors. Does anyone have an idea if folding side mirrors can be retrofitted on my 159? My official Alfa Romeo dealer said it is impossible due to the canbus system. Would really love installing those if it is possible. If I'm right I need to buy the following items when retrofitting is possible:

- Both mirrors including the arms.
- Control panel with the switches for operating all power windows AND button to fold/unfold the side mirrors.
- Module inside the door housing which regulates the electrica signals to the board computer.
- Cables?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

AlialiNL
Hi
They are standard on a TI- look at the mirror glass adjustment control and you will see a smallish 'push down' section. Push it down they fold, push again they open. If it doesn't work you have a problem. But folding mirrors are standard on a TI.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi
But folding mirrors are standard on a TI.
Nope.

I have a 2008 159 Ti 2.4 Q4 Sportwagon and the only options not on it are the electric memory seats and visibility pack (to the best of my knowledge) and it doesn't have folding mirrors. The switch looks like this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROME...571039?hash=item1a05fc4edf:g:XyAAAOSwNSxVZ0VU
and not this one (which shows the graphic on the part of the switch you push to fold.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROME...130664?hash=item43e4d766e8:g:YjsAAOSw5VFWMjPR

Guy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Perhaps they only became standard in 2010 then.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My 2010 ti does not have folding mirrors. The non-folding "ti mirrors" were standard - silver coloured. Folding mirrors were an option.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi
They are standard on a TI- look at the mirror glass adjustment control and you will see a smallish 'push down' section. Push it down they fold, push again they open. If it doesn't work you have a problem. But folding mirrors are standard on a TI.
Nope no working button present. Is retrofitting possible?

·
Registered
254 Posts
My 2007 TI has the folding mirrors. I believe, in the UK at least, that they were removed from the TI when it became a trim level rather than a special edition (2008?).

I rarely use them. It may be possible to fit them with the parts you mentioned and do a proxy alignment to pick them up. I have no idea if that would actually work. You may be waiting a long time for someone to give you an answer. I personally wouldn't bother unless you think they would be useful to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes u can retrofit them i did it on my 159 2008 turismo and its easy when you buy the mirrors u need the modul that comes with them to and plug and play

1 - 12 of 12 Posts