Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 147 Lusso with the green ISO plug/wires which i hear is for the steering controls. Would it be correct in saying all i need is the Steering wheel (with controls) And clock spring?

Lastly, Is the airbag cover interchangeable between The wheels with controls & non controls?

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Not 100% about the wiring, but I believe the airbag should be a straight swap, instead if of the buttons, they're just plastic caps, you might not need the whole wheel

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not 100% about the wiring, but I believe the airbag should be a straight swap, instead if of the buttons, they're just plastic caps, you might not need the whole wheel
Thank you. :)

The steering wheels are different to accommodate for the control wiring, there's blue leads that go from the controls to a socket inside the wheel. Luckily this all comes with the wheel (lusso).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the thing, i need to know what parts i need first. :)

Don't think i need the loom (Green SIO w/ wires?) It looks like just the wheel & clockspring.

I made an offer to someone on ebay last night, just waiting for them to get back.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It should be fine, I did the same on the 156 it all works perfectly. The wheel centre and airbag should be a straight swap.

Disconnect the battery and leave it for 20mins min before messing with the airbag as the system can hold charge.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It should be fine, I did the same on the 156 it all works perfectly. The wheel centre and airbag should be a straight swap.

Disconnect the battery and leave it for 20mins min before messing with the airbag as the system can hold charge.
Thanks mate.

Now for the steering nut! A tight little sod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts