Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I possibly have the chance to buy a full 156 Bose system. Will it go in my car straightforwardly? I have a 55 plate JTD Sport which came with the standard Blaupunkt set-up.

Will the wiring be a nightmare, is the loom I have totally wrong and need a major overhaul? How about the sub, will I have to wire it in from scratch?

Is it even worth me getting the Bose, I've heard it in a friend's car and I liked it but could I get better and how much would it cost me?

A lot of questions, I know!

Cheers ;)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm sure some whizzkid'll be along soon to explain how to do it but the consensus is it can't be done for a variety of reasons. Could explain why there are often Bose parts on Ebay that seem cheap.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
has been discussed previously :) .

wiring looms are totally different, so not really a viable option. wiring including powerwires to the amp, plus audio connections from headunit to amp, and speakerwires from amp to speakers.

by the time you faff around with all of that, you'll achieve superior sound, with simpler installation, and possibly less cost (if you're having to pay for labour) with aftermarket gear.

:)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Shiny.

One thing that impressed me about the Bose set up is the stereo image/soundstage. Bearing this in mind, if I don't go for Bose am I better off getting speakers which don't have the separate little tweeters up at door handle height? They can sound a little disembodied from the main drive unit which is a couple of feet below.

Finally, I'd like a subwoofer but one that will take up very little space in the boot. Might it be an idea to get hold of just a Bose sub which I could then use with other speakers? I'm not after earth-shattering bass, just a little extra that the main speakers in the cabin can't provide. The Bose sub goes neatly into one corner of the boot IIRC.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Vo2 i have recently had a set of Alpine type-R speakers fitted to my 147. These have separate tweeters and a proper crossover and they sound mmmmh? FOOKING BRILLIANT! I am a serious audio buff and have spent alot on speakers for stereo and home cinema so i thought i'd be disappointed in a set of sub £200quid speakers but my word they are great!

I have these powered from a Kenwood 800W amplifier in the boot along with a Kicker XPL 12" subwoofer and i absolutely love it! Best thing about it is, unlike my home equipment i can blast the life clean out of my ICE so it was proper bang for buck:D :D :D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts