Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would like to know if there should be any problems in putting a 3.2 Busso engine into a 159.
ECU? Or any bugs? (Besides of the turbo gauge lol)

I am not interested in the 3.2 JTS engine. I would rather stick to the Tbi engine.
The Tbi engine is a great engine, but I have the beauty of the 159 along with the legendary Busso 3.2 in my head for a while now and I think it's a perfect combination.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Someone asked this a while ago, but for a Brera. It sounds good, but in reality it's a massive project. Are you willing to rewire the cars electrics with the correct looms that are required? What about the engine & gearbox mount fittings? What about the subframe, are you able to make it fit? Are the driveshafts long enough to reach the correct size wheel hubs that are required? Do you have an exhaust down pipe(s) to fit down threw the engine bay and the centre tunnel to the cat back? Can you pass an MOT if you manage to have any success in achieving this massive project. What about all the electrics to the safety equipment so you have no warning lights on the dash?
The list goes on and on. And ask yourself for what really, something that's a different sound? If you want a car with a Busso 3.2 engine my advice is just save your time, money and effort and buy one that left the factory with one already in...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone asked this a while ago, but for a Brera. It sounds good, but in reality it's a massive project. Are you willing to rewire the cars electrics with the correct looms that are required? What about the engine & gearbox mount fittings? What about the subframe, are you able to make it fit? Are the driveshafts long enough to reach the correct size wheel hubs that are required? Do you have an exhaust down pipe(s) to fit down threw the engine bay and the centre tunnel to the cat back? Can you pass an MOT if you manage to have any success in achieving this massive project. What about all the electrics to the safety equipment so you have no warning lights on the dash?
The list goes on and on. And ask yourself for what really, something that's a different sound? If you want a car with a Busso 3.2 engine my advice is just save your time, money and effort and buy one that left the factory with one already in...

Agreed...I I think the concept of it just inspired my day dreaming,thinking on a 159 with a 3.2 Busso engine is a great combo.

But the implementation of it....not cheap and not something that I can be sure to be 'error free'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts