Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you can retrofit blue & me to a 159 What do the phone buttons do on the steering wheel are they redundant or does the 159 have a bluetooth stereo for your phone ????

·
Registered
38,319 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that . Do you know if the lusso had or should have just a standard blue tooth on the back of the system or was it an option .
I dont have the car till the weekend so can't even check in the owners book. I only need it for hands free calls not worried about voice control or updated unit quite happy with a large wad of C D's

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anybody is upgrading to aftermarket sat nav blue tooth and has a working original unit I would probably be interested even just the rear plugin module would be cool.
Cheers :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am Imistaken or did the 159 not have a phone prep of some sort before the blue and me????

·
Registered
891 Posts
just so you know, I added B&M ~10months ago. bit of shopping in internet&scrapyards (find right B&M unit, find microphone (I used one from Fiat 500), USB port (I got one from Mito)), then around 5h work in total (create all looms, install microphone, proxi etc) + later a few improvements (B&M microphone voice level is too week, I changed only microphone bit (but left the PCB) trying a few, added soundproofing mats around to attenuate noise).

Blue and me wihtout microphone upgrade I did, is not the greatest, voice commands not recognized very well, called person hear you so so etc (and this is not because I had retrofitted one and mixed Fiat500 microphone etc, the same applies to any 159/Brera with originally fitted B&M - that is someting I checked on a few cars).

Just yesterday came across Blue&me nav unit for cheap, bought 3rd party GPS antenna, and will be trying to fit this one over weekend to gain extra functionality in my car (only the latest maps I heard of are 2010 :( ).

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I was wondering as I just want hands free I have an old nokia BT kit and wondered wether I could fit that as a make do.
I'll have to get the stereo out and have a look me thinks.
I know it won't utilise the wheel buttons but see what happens.

I'm still sure there must have been some kind of phone prep for the pre Blue&Me as I have the phone control on the wheel.
Maybe this was only available with the nav unit ?????

·
Registered
891 Posts
phone control buttons are on every wheel with buttons, nonetheless you have any blue&me or nav - they just didn't offered wheel without phone and *)) icons. so it means nothing that they are there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts