Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
hi all, just an update. Managed to order the wiring harness from poland :)

also i ordered 1 vectra sensor holder from ebay to test and it was almost perfect but had a little lip that needed sanded so ordered 3 more.

have done the holes in the bumper and ordered a hot stapler to hold the sensor holders in place to the rear of the bumper as the self adhesive tape was useless!

all went well and just waiting for the wiring loom then its a case of:

remove bumper, drill and fit sensors to washer bottle, connect tubes for washer for headlights aswell as relay.

connect wiring to sensors then to car, connect replacement parking ecu and beeper for front.

multi ecu scan to tuen on the sensors and do proxi alignment and hopefully thats it! (fingers crossed gents)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi sorry to be a pain, cant find any info online as to where the relay plugs into for headlight washer. I have 4 spare sockets: T08, T17, Y19 and T20.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi there, so managed to do bumper today!
Connected everything no problem, all plugs where there and swapped parking ecu and fitted front beeper.

Straight away when putting key in I got parking sensor not available and beeping coming from the front.

Plugged laptop in and got all 4 front sensor fatal faults and the rear was no longer working too.

Enabled headlight washer and parking display on proxy alignment, headlight washer working ok (on one side but probably blocked) the parking still just 1 long beep and throwing up faults.

On closer examination of the plug on my chassis (wasnt covered like the other plugs) theres 2 pins missing! So presume this is what's giving me the faults.

Havent got time to do tonight and gonna try on Sunday. Best method for joining the wires?

You can see on plug they're numbered 1-5 so just a case of connecting correct wire.

Thanks for all your help so far and was so close! Lol

Just want to know if when the front wiring is repaired my rear sensors will come back on too?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with mine. No cover plug and mine was also damaged. If one or more sensors fails the whole system goes down so the wiring will be your problem.

I soldered replacement scrapyard sourced plugs on mine....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ah thank you very much mate! Have emailed a few ppl that are breaking 159s to see if they're willing to sell the plug (if in good condition) thanks again and will solder replacement.

Thanks again and the wife isn't happy the rear sensors aren't working haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi still no luck trying to source the plug! Tried 4 breakers so far and nothing :-( gonna try the fella in Poland that I got all my other parts from

·
Registered
361 Posts
Do you think this would be ok to use? Thanks in advance
I can't see why not. It's only a connector. As long as you make sure that the wires will connect each other correctly. and that the wire size you have is within the limits of the crimps.

Only issue if that if someone down the line wants to do something they will come across something that is not original. But they will be fine. I swapped out my speakers and removed the factory connectors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Fitted plug and got them working!!! Only issue now is the the front sensors seem intermittent and I had to tap 2 of them them to get them working. Could be because they where about £10 on ebay. I done the same when 2 of the rear stopped working last year and had no problems.

Will plug multi ecuscan in later to see if any errors.

The parking display looks nice mind 😃

Thanks

21 - 33 of 33 Posts