Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got a 159 1.9 JTDM 16v.

When I bought it 3 years ago i never realised the bumper has been repaired before and its cracked in half at the bottom right, anyways managed to get 2nd hand replacement-same colour for about £70, thats including postage.

i noticed the replacment bumper had headlight washer jets and all the pipework so was thinking of retrofitting them to work on mine and was informed by
Mirafioriman (thanks for advice)

that i'd need the second pump and the relay from the underbonnet fuse box, has anyone got the part numbers and it is straightforward enough?

I also thought while doing that, that i may as well retrofit the level sensor for the 159 screenwash bottle and that the correct part is: Sensor wash water level 38943 by Febi Bilstein Genuine OE and also that i'd need to drill a hole in washer bottle to fit it.

I also wanted to retrofit the front parking sensors as i only have rear and was told that the loom for the rear sensors is the same as the front? also that as well sensors and loom i'd need to replace the ecu in the boot that controls the rear parking sensors as need one to control both, is there a part number?

I noticed when i've changed a rear sensor that theres support for the sensor but on the rear of the front bumper there's only a cross + where the sensor would go so how could i support this the sensor?

thanks in advance for reading and hopefully helping and also to Mirafioriman for his advice too

·
Registered
906 Posts
You'll need sensor holders to glue on the rear of the front bumper.

You'll also need a program like MES to turn on the items you fit in the menu system and perform a proxi alignment.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would advise against the washers. Unless you wire it some way so that they can be controlled separately from the windshield washers, as they absolutely drink washer fluid.

Ø

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
...and they have to be self levelling.

From the test manual....

Vehicles with HID headlamps are therefore required to have a headlamp washing system (a wiper is not required) and be self levelling, which may be achieved either by the use of either headlamp or suspension levelling systems.
The presence and operation of these headlamp cleaning and levelling devices has been added to the test. Therefore, if a mandatory headlamp levelling or cleaning device is missing, inoperative or otherwise obviously defective, the vehicle will fail.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If you've got the BiXenons then you'll need the washers to get an MOT pass. The washers only work when with the screen washer when the headlights are on. Yes, it uses a lot a fluid but not as much as you might think. There's also a non return valve in the pipework that fails. You might want to test that before bolting everything up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The washers only work when with the screen washer when the headlights are on. Yes, it uses a lot a fluid but not as much as you might think.
I didn't consider that it's not mandatory to have the headlights on all the time in the UK.

In my country, it is. So my car drank the whole thing on a 380km (~240mi) journey. The capacity is 6 litres, so I would say it's a lot.

Edit:
It doesn't really matter. If the OP wants to do the conversion, I applaud him, and wish him the best of luck.

Ø

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi and thanks for replies, managed to get washer level sensor for £8.75 as cross referenced part numbers 90346055.

Still haven't found part numbers for the pump to the headlight washers, the wiring loom for the front parking sensors or the sensor holders I'd anyone can be of any help?

Also I've nearly sourced the parking ECU and been told it needs ANT on it to work for front and back?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is where I go for part numbers:
Original catalogs of auto parts.

This is the park sensor system. Nr.2 is the sensor.

And this is the washer system. Nr.1 is the washer and it looks like you'll need the Nr.6 connector.

Ø

Edit: I see i haven't read your question right. Part Nr.1 on the first picture is the harness.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Pyvind, thanks for link and help!

Was going to order a lot of the parts tonight but getting confused.

Do i need 5 6 and 7 for the front parking sensors?

Have sourced 2nd washer bottle with 2nd pump and washers/hoses still attached and also relay so thats all ordered.

just need front sensor holders that need to be glued on rear of front bumper if anyone can advise?

have ordered x4 sensors

also need 60691693 wiring loom for front sensors (found 1 in poland, trying to negotiate with seller) and 60693882 replacment ecu (again trying to get price down a bit)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not sure of the function of part 6(the sending unit), but I presume you will need it. I'm not even sure of it's location. I haven't looked too close at the park sensors yet so I don't know how they are fitted.

Ø

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its the audio beeper as far as i'm aware, but presumed i wouldn't need it as have beeper for the rear? thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Didn't know it was the beeper. I haven't fixed my park sensor system yet so I don't know if there is one for the front and one for the back or if there's only one. I don't think I can be of further assistance other than moral support ;)

Ø

·
Registered
906 Posts
There is a separate beeper for the front. Its located to the right of the inner fuse box inside the car. You'll find the wiring tucked away in the fuse box area.

The headlamp washer relay is located in the fusebox near the washer bottle neck in front of the battery.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks Mirafioriman, going to order ecu and beeper tomorrow, very grateful for the locations of where the beeper and the relay go, much appreciated!

still having trouble sourcing the wiring loom :( and haven't heard back from seller that i found.

been emailing breakers and scrap yards too, so hopefully come across one.

any ideas for sensor holders?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just been informed that the wiring loom is out of stock and that 71777053 can be used instead but at an extra cost of €238. Looks like I'll have to get it from elsewhere now :-(

I couldn't find any part numbers for sensor holders either?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts