Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm all ready to buy an 03 JTD but really want that centre rear belt to be a proper diagonal inertia job. I believe they fitted them as standard in later models. How tough/expensive to add that 3rd belt? I guess I'm going to need a new/reclaimed rear bench part as it is integral to teh seat, no?
Any help, ideas etc. welcome.
Ta,
Matt

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm all ready to buy an 03 JTD but really want that centre rear belt to be a proper diagonal inertia job. I believe they fitted them as standard in later models. How tough/expensive to add that 3rd belt? I guess I'm going to need a new/reclaimed rear bench part as it is integral to teh seat, no?
Any help, ideas etc. welcome.
Ta,
Matt
I am not sure about the 147 but I did it on my previous 156 (R reg).

If you are not too bothered about getting a 3rd headrest (unless it is there already) was is pretty simple on the 156 and all the only thing it needed on top of the 3 points seat belt was a replacement parcelshelf which I bought from a scrap yard in Daventry. I think I even got the centre seatbelt from there too. Cost me £100 top.

I am not sure where the anchor points are on the 147 as rear seats fold (unlike the 156) so you may want to check this at an alfa dealer.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I believe they fitted them as standard in later models.
I don't think necessarily just the newer models.

Mine's an '04 Lusso and I only have a "Lap-Belt" in the middle too. You'd have thought being the "Higher" Lusso spec that it would have had them fitted as standard, but No!

I've seen earlier models that have them also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts