Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having just bought a new car I received a letter from the above company asking for "just £39" to maintain the details for their ISR system which guarantees £2500 if the car is stolen and not recovered. Has anybody paid these people and understand whether it is necessary?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Check their web site, they do seem to be an Alfa partner, and security mark the cars before they are sold. Check your windows for their etched code and telephone number, they also etch and laser mark engines and components.
I'd speak to your dealer and insurance company, as well as Retainacar, for more info. It won't stop the scalleys, but it does make it easier to identify and recover your motor.:)

·
Registered
860 Posts
I received two of these letters about 18 months after buying a new 159 on contract hire via FGA. This raised suspicion as my personal/car details should be held by both the dealership and FGA with FGA footing the cost of this security registration. I contacted FGA and queried the nature of these letters as I did not want to blindly pay Retainagroup for something they should get from FGA.

FGA seemed very keen to know the details of this - even sending me an s.a.e. to send the letter to them. They told me that although Retainagroup are a 'legit' company, they are sub-contracted through FGA and should NOT be asking FGA customers for payments.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
If you buy new, ISR get your details from ARUK and there is no cost to you.

If you buy approved used, you pay to change the details and this costs c£20 IIRC (did mine recently).

Worth it IMHO as they will store all codes for keys, locking wheel nuts, radio etc etc.

They look after many other makes of car too.

All the details should be in your owner pack.

Cheers,

·
Registered
517 Posts
Cue

Did you take this up in the end?

I have just received the same letter. 1yr £25 2yr £39 & 3yr £55

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Cue

Did you take this up in the end?

I have just received the same letter. 1yr £25 2yr £39 & 3yr £55

Regards

Alan
My letter arrived on Friday. Northgate told me I would be hearing something when I collected the car. I'm still debating whether to take up their offer to be honest. As I have read it, it is for extended cover, essentially for the £2500 cover if the car does disappear rather than for keeping the car details on the register.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts