Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I´m back after a very long time. Had some private issues to fix, getting devorced, have new wife, got 2 little sons, bought a new house, build my own workshop in the garden (100 m²), sold all race cars and parts, bought a very nice GTV 916 3,0 V6 24V CF2 and made a full technical restauration with some really very nice engine parts. Now I´m on vacation till 20th of July and will have a dyno date on the 22nd of July.

Forged steel rods
special made Wössner pistons for comp. ratio 11,5:1
C&B street max. cams
special made headers
2 pcs wide band Lambda
Emtron SL6
Quaife diff.
updated OEM cable loom for Emtron
Porsche Cayenne throttle body

For this time here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously Niceeeeeeeee! Respect! Glad to see Colombo Bariani cams feature in this “Quality” project.
Thank you very very much for the positive feedback. My greatest interrest and hobby is the Busso Engine, I had a very good Alfa Romeo 75 3,0 Groupe A Race Car, at the beginning it was a 12V and then I built up a 24V race engine, but I think this new project is better in some points because I know how to do better some things for the second time and the Alfa 75 engine was also a conversation to transaxle which is different.

I will post some more pics when I´m back from holidays.

cheeres
Wolfgang

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very very much for the positive feedback. My greatest interrest and hobby is the Busso Engine, I had a very good Alfa Romeo 75 3,0 Groupe A Race Car, at the beginning it was a 12V and then I built up a 24V race engine, but I think this new project is better in some points because I know how to do better some things for the second time and the Alfa 75 engine was also a conversation to transaxle which is different.

I will post some more pics when I´m back from holidays.

cheeres
Wolfgang
By the way I´ve forgotten that I also fitted big 330ccm injectors and made a change to a one piece flywheel and a stronger clutch.

I had a very big issue with CPS pistons, because they have sent wrong pistons and didn´t correct them correct and also didn´t refund my money, so please don´t buy from CPS they don´t really know what they do.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Just love the attention to detail - there is nothing there, that shouldn’t be there.

Folks all too often use the term OCD, which is quite wrong! It is attention to detail that sells Cartier, Omega, Rolex‘s and a host of other products, that people will pay top dollar for.

The components themselves probably cost you more than the car - I know mine did. So it is only natural that the way they are fitted/installed should reflect, a.) their quality, b.) their cost, and c.) be a reflection of the craftsman’s skill.

Superb!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Alfa Guys,

i´m very happy, because I´ve been on the Dyno with the GTV on Thursday and Friday. After very hard programming the big throttle body we have reached almost 281 horse power at room temperature of 39 ° Celsius. Corrected power at NORM room temperature was 295,7 horse power.

Sound of the car with Carbon filter intake at 7.500 rpm is incredibile and it revs like a motorcycle. Throttle response of drive by wire in combination with 78 mm Porsche Cayenne throttle body is so good, you can feel every mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Extremely nice! Well done.

This must have cost you a lot to do. Austria is a very expensive country. Specially for cars. Cars and parts are very expensive. I think just to up the power of the engine you have to pay a lot in taxes right? Some things are not even allowed at all. Basically like Germany. But it is a beautiful country with very nice roads to drive a 916 on and it's worth every penny to invest in such a beautiful and special car.

Looking forward to more updates and pictures. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts