Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....to people who eat with their mouths open, CLOSE IT!!!!

:mad: :rant:

It used to be the height of bad manners to allow others to see the contents of your mouth and even talk with your mouth full (steady!).

Doesn't seem to matter any more....but it spoils my meal when I can see someone else stuffing their face and allowing me snapshots of the results of their masticating efforts :rant:

Is it just me...? :(

wrinx

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Do you mean open all the time, or intermittantly? ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope not just you Wrinx :(

That's Mrs H's pet hate and I have to agree DISGUSTING :mad:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Chronic shortage of table manners nowadays in general.:(: Bring back Victorian disciplines, where children were taught pointedly to keep their mouths closed whilst masticating food, and told the number of times minimally to chew food before swallowing.:): By way of consolation, my dad reckoned the open gob, quick swallowers, often ended up with severe indigestion in later life.:): Let's hope so.:D

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
:lol: ...my Grandma used to tell me to do this, something daft like 50 times! :lol:

wrinx
Actually, it's 377 times.

Factamundo! :D

:lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh god yes!!! Why do they do it?
Was severely thrashed as a child
if caught eating with an open mouth.

And people who insist on breathing through
their mouths too....

:rant:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At my posh school we had a master who sometimes used to serve the food at table. He used to drop quite a bit on the table..then as the meal progressed he would retrieve bits of food off the table and eat it as we talked. It was truly gross, but one day we got him.....

One day when we were having runner beans we filleted a biggish runner bean further down the table out of sight and filled it with english mustard, closed it up again and carefully slid it in his general direction....right on cue...his hand slid out and he took the bait and put it in his mouth.

RESULT!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Some things are priceless when you are 14)

I hate watching human concrete mixers as well.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
I agree with you Wrinx.... and all the "cooking programmes" on TV demonstrate the same bad manners on the part of presenters/chefs....
There was a series on recently with two blokes (one nondescript and one bald) 'judging' celebrity cooking and both the presenters spoke with their mouths full.... yuck

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Agreed, a horrible habit :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a stickler for good table manners - use of napkins, non-stuffing of mouth, non-speaking when mouth full, wait till everybody else has been served their food before commencing to eat, etc....

I was brought up this way, and have brought my own kids up this way (though, to witness my 18yr old son at times, you wouldn't think so:) :) ).

-Mike

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The lad that sits next to me at work does it with his sandwiches and it really drives me mad!

I was always told as a kid you don't eat on the streets, especialy not a bag of chips, or a burger. That's reserved for tramps.

Also, people wearing hats indoors puzzles me, hats and caps are an outside thing - so are shoes and jackets. Why do people insist on wearing them indoors? People that sit about in their houses with their shoes on - are they going somewhere?

Jeez, I'm a 27-year old old git!

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Actually, it's 377 times.

Factamundo! :D

:lol:
Per mouth full :eek: - **** Ant how long does it take you to eat your dinner :confused:

It's gets my back up aswell - mind I used to see a girl who bit the fork on ever mouth full of food - used to drive me fecking bonkers :rant: :mad: - the clank of cutlery on teeth :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts