Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
The Dino was exquisite.

in our jumbled up pile of family photos, there is a picture of my dad - a young man then - crouched down at the front of a Dino, giving my sister a big hug. “When you are 21, I will buy you a Dino”, was his promise to her.

Due to a massive underestimation of the future market value for a 246, she now drives some box from VW :)

Reactions: keithyboy

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Sad news indeed, but what a legacy he leaves behind. One of THE automotive designers. RIP.

The Dino was and still is a stunner.
Reminds me of when the supercar dealer near me bought one at auction and then took it for a spin on the streets of Preston. (about 10 minutes in).

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
35,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I was growing up as a child in Guildford I remember next door had one in that blue and I knew it was something special. Not as convinced by the Porsche 356 down the road though.
Meeting Aldo Bravorone twenty years ago in the Pininfarina carpark he was proudly showing everybody his new Mercedes C-Class. Seemed like a really nice modest man when he joined us Lancia club members that evening as guest of honour at the Gamma Coupe anniversary meal in Montcalieri.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
164 Posts
Dad used to own and race a 246 Spider, very special car indeed. Soon we will be starting a project involving a Ferrari 308 engine and suspension, and original mould Dino 206S bodywork, now seems appropriate to start it asap.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
When I was growing up as a child in Guildford I remember next door had one in that blue and I knew it was something special. Not as convinced by the Porsche 356 down the road though.
Meeting Aldo Bravorone twenty years ago in the Pininfarina carpark he was proudly showing everybody his new Mercedes C-Class. Seemed like a really nice modest man when he joined us Lancia club members that evening as guest of honour at the Gamma Coupe anniversary meal in Montcalieri.
One sec. He designed the Dino... and he gets a C-Class?

what do you have to do to get an S-Class? Design a planet? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts