Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Respray Paintwork 147

967 views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  aspender 
G
#1 ·
Unfortunately I got some fairly deep scratches down the side of my Alfa as the result of someone (they know who they are!) scrapping their bumper down the side.

I've had a quote for £400.00 from my Alfa Dealer which I know I can probably get done cheaper elsewhere.

I read some stories about Alfa's paints fading in sunlight, and am worried about taking it elsewhere to be done.

Presumably the paint sprayers order the paint from Alfa? Do I insist on the original DuPont paint being used?

Anybody had any experience or problems getting colour matches etc?

G
#2 ·
Hi I have my bodykit sprayed, I was worried about differences in colour as well. Especially when I figured out that the guy who was spraying it used a different brand of paint. I gave him the colour code and it worked out fine! There was no difference in colour at all. He used "Sikkens" paint. It also depends on who is spraying it for you ;-) Good luck with it

#3 ·
Hi,
As a point of reference, I had some alfa rosso touch up paint which I bought for either my Alfsud in 1983 or my Alfetta in 1990. This touch up paint is still OK and is a exact match for my 2001 alfa rosso 147. A competent spraypainter will easily be able to match the colour, IMHO.
Kevin

G
#4 ·
hi...

My 147 is going into the body shop tomorrow for a new door skin and crash damage repairs to the side.

I made sure that i got the paint reference number from my sales guy at Priory in Cambridge and then asked the body shop to confirm they would be mixing it to match the number.

Bearing in mind my car is the metallic fire black....this is very important. Make sure you do this.

£4000 sounds well steep to me and it seems to imply that they dont want to do the job.

Let me know how you get on and good luck

Moby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.