Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the airbox and intake pipework off my GTV in bits to fix all the rounded off, or snapped studs.

Anyway, when it all goes back on, will my 2.0 GTV benefit from the resonator being blanked off? If so, how much? And am I going to have to glass fibre the entry hole, or is there a better way?

And is the current feeling snorkel in, or snorkel out of the airbox?

My 2.0 156 with the same engine has no resonator, as it has a GTA pipe on it, but the snorkel is in. Sounds good and is substantially faster than the GTV!

·
Registered
38,467 Posts
Leave it in, it is part of the tuned intake. The same as the 156.

It works in conjunction with the variable manifold to give more power through the rev range.

I tried my 156 with and without and it definitely slight better with it in. Although I did have the GTA pipe in place of the intake silencer box under the wheelarch.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Personal preference.

Cone out= more noise slightly less 'driveability" it's a trade off so it's up to you.
i liked the new noise so i keep it out and the diff is very slight thru revs

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I getting resonator out, snorkel in airbox in. Is that about right?

And anyone who has blanked off the resonator, any advice on best way to do this?

·
Registered
745 Posts
So, I getting resonator out, snorkel in airbox in. Is that about right?

And anyone who has blanked off the resonator, any advice on best way to do this?
huh?:confused: not sure what you mean blanked off?

would you not just get rid of the intake resonator and do the gta mod intake to the original airbox the same as your 156?

simple with the 'snorkel' leave it in drive it... take it out drive it.. decide which is for you.

BTW put jubille clips on your intake hoses so this is easy.

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
huh?:confused: not sure what you mean blanked off?

would you not just get rid of the intake resonator and do the gta mod intake to the original airbox the same as your 156?
Completely different air intake system on a GTV.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Resonator box out:) I bought some polished alloy pipe of E-bay (there is a thread about it somewhere) Better throttle response and a little more induction noise.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is very cool, any idea who was selling those pipes, and under what name?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took my resonator out and it had made some sound difference have a BMC on the way though.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
That is very cool, any idea who was selling those pipes, and under what name?
Hi Got them from REGAL'S MOTORSPORT. The small pipe that replaces the resonator can be bought for around £5 and will fit straight on.The pipe off the air box was around £10 but will have to be cut quite a bit to fit.:thumbs:

Edit: also bought the rubbers to join it all togeather, which also had to be cut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts