Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends;

I have a 164 Super 24v /1995 and I have a problem. The alarm is turned off it because I do not have the original remote and do not have the 4 digit code to unlock the control panel and enter the code that I bought new control.

You know how I can proceed to re-activate the alarm and use my new controller?

Thanks;

·
Registered
174 Posts
I do not know the answer to your question but can point you to a possible answer. Sign up at the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board at Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums. They have a very good 164 section where you can search for your answer. Its free. If you get no answer, you can ask Alfisto Steve. He is the technical advisor for the 164 for the AROC - USA. He has many posts on that forum and you can find his email from there.

I hope this helps and best of luck.

Cheers,

Jeff
Dallas, Texas
1994 164 LS

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Can anyone help me?
Not sure if you ever sorted this but I am able to retrieve the 4-digit codes from 164 remote receivers and remotes, and/or virginise the remote receiver back to an "as new from the factory" (enables programming from scratch without the need for any 4-digit codes). I need the remote receiver and/or remotes in my possession to be able to do this.

I notice you're in Brazil so if you wanted this done you would have to send the parts across to me in the UK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi!

I do not have the original remote controls, only the central station which is near the rearview (the roof of the vehicle). I need to get the code from this center to be able to open it and insert the code for the new remote I bought.

I translated by Google, I hope that is in understanding.

Can you extract the codes from the central station without the remote?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I do not have the original remote controls, only the central station which is near the rearview (the roof of the vehicle). I need to get the code from this center to be able to open it and insert the code for the new remote I bought.

I translated by Google, I hope that is in understanding.

Can you extract the codes from the central station without the remote?
Is your alarm siren unit turned off at the key switch or is the alarm siren unit currently unplugged at all?

I can either extract the codes of the original remotes from the remote receiver unit (in the central station) that are already programmed into it OR I can virginise the remote receiver so that you can program in your new remote without needing to use a 4-digit code to do so.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
..these guys are very good, though you'd have to post your ECU to them;

Schepers*** Autotechniek*** The Netherlands
This is an issue with the remote central locking / alarm which is a separate system to the CODE immobiliser system. Schepers only deal with CODE immobiliser issues so will be of no use in this particular case.

The remote receiver is housed between the two map reading lights in the roof centre console (or central station as roquevinicius calls it)...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello;

What do I need to send you encode the central code of the new remote I bought?

The key central alarm is off, but when I turn on the siren goes off and the lights flash.

I really appreciate your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts