Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the 2.0 gt 6months I've been doing a window reset say every 4 of weeks followed every instruction on forum to the letter ie 15sec hold switches, battery disconnected seem like a full time job .
had new clutch fitted 4 weeks ago battery was off for say 5-6 hours since then I am doing it every 2 weeks must be working ok because all windows close on exit correctly when I reset it just seem to not hold it I have heard I don't know if it correct Alfa has got an upgrade for the problem any one help.
Also can anyone tell me if I can upgrade the centre consol to take the sat nav version I have seen on other GTs the car is a 2006 2.0 gtjts with standard radio cd unit fitted if it can be done can anyone point me on were can get one and how to fit it
Meatman

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can only assume there is no cure for this problem as no one has responded to me however if anyone has anything on other question please get in touch

·
Registered
60 Posts
The windows seem to do as they please on mine! Especially worrying if they decide to come back down when you close them! No idea what causes them to need resetting so often but it seems to be how it is. As for the sat nav I believe you can put it in but it doesn't work with the canbus properly. Not that I'd put one in anyway! Mine has one from the factory and its an terrible bit of kit. Over complicated to use and the sound quality from it is awful!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for getting back to me I think may be I will stick to my Tomtom least I can move it around as you was good enough to respond to me can you tell me how to change a sidelight bulb without taking of the front bumper as I been told that's what I got to do

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
can you tell me how to change a sidelight bulb without taking of the front bumper as I been told that's what I got to do
Only if you've got xenon headlights. Standard halogen you simply remove the rear cover and remove the sidelight by pulling the tab attached to the holder.

Lots of threads on how to do it.

Good luck.

Pub

1 - 5 of 5 Posts