Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to reset the service interval but cant get in to the Siemens ecu for some reason.
Did reset it 3 years ago with Multiecuscan, so i am puzzled why i cant now.
Drivers for the LPT/C0M poort are installed correct and i can connect to the cars ECU and read it out etc.

I must say that i just installed Windows 7 Home Premium again on this laptop and didnt do Windows Update (only the hotfix and windows update agent) but all the drivers are correctly installed so now i am wondering if that could be the prob?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I can't say I've had an issue with mine, I have a vag-com and coloured adapters and an OBDKey cable and never remember which is the right one to use.

Has your license been carried over after the new install? I.e you're not unknowingly using a free version?

And have you tried running it in 'compatibility mode' mine runs fine on Windows 10.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its full working said so in the left upper corner of the MES program, and only a licenced version can connect and do things when you have a 159 2.2.
Like i said i can read out the engine ECU but it refuses to connect to the Siemens ECU, didnt use a coloured adaptor yet tho because when i am right then you dont need to (table from Multiecuscan)

Cable i used is an ELM327 and have 3 adapters, Yellow Green and Red.
Have to use the green one to connect to ABS, and that works to and was able to do so 3 years ago.

I have allso a KKL cable i used for my 156, dont think that i can use that one

I have a W10 laptop but it couldnt see my ELM cable (couldnt see what USB port it used) altho the driver is installed correct, didnt use compatibility mode tho.

Can you explain to me how you did that, i would appriciate that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts