Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, before I say anything, I'm not planning on clocking my car :)

Anyway, I have an overreading tacho at the moment and are planning on buying some replacements to see if it solves the problem. Looking at the how to guides however, it seems the speedo / tacho is all one unit so I need to replace the entire lot. Only thing is, the chances of me finding clocks with the same mileage on are Zero.

So, does anyone have any ideas? Or Shall I just live with it :( . Feel free to pm me as I realise this kind of information isn't best aired on a public forum.

Thanks in advance

Ben

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would just get a receipt from a garage to say the millage on yours is correct then replace the clocks with a receipt saying the millage on the new one! I think that would probably save you a few quid aswell.

R

·
0 Posts
Google "mileage adjusters". There is bound to be one in your area and they all claim to be in business just for cases such as yours. Odd how they all say they will arrive in an unmarked van and offer a discrete service however.....

D

·
0 Posts
just googled it and is it funny how the top search describes their service as "discreet":lol:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, I'll see if I can get a spare set of clocks and find the problem!

Ben

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well need to get this done now by the looks of it. New clocks fixed my problem, but leaves me with an odometer showing an increase of 40K :(

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts