Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it was a bad move to take away the facility to reply in classsifieds, some reasons to revert to this include-

1. its good to have open/honest questions and answers that are out in the public domain.

2. people can chat about items and ask questions to the whole forum rather than just the seller (who realistically has an agenda)

3. pricing and 'auctions' are open and transparent

whats your views people?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I agree in principle, however

Because we are a community of enthusiasts that love our cars we tend to price them highly (quite rightly in my opinion considering the money and time spent)

the problem is you ALWAYS get some smart a*se rubbishing the price you are asking, the thread then usually descends after that.

M

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
I agree. Perhaps replies to limited to direct questions/answers about the item and any 'off topic' posts removed. It might require a new Mod:confused:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can understand why newbs are prevented from selling items straight off as you then get loads of people signing up just to use the forum as a market place and nothing more.

It makes less sense to stop someone who has sensibly joined the forum with the purpose of learning more about the marque and possibly purchasing one. More established members are then missing out on potential sales no?

Just my 2p!

R

·
0 Posts
Personally, I too think it should be restored and I cant see why it was removed to begin with - it wasn't causing anyome major problems, was it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree - provided it is kept within reasonable constraints. Questions that can be asked need to be within well delineated limits.

·
Registered
37,303 Posts
I agree it should be restored as well. People often post very valid questions which can be helpful if you are interested in the item concerned.

There should be some constraints though, no rubbishing of prices, nasty comments etc.

Maybe someone should start a poll.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I'm in agreement too, I thought it was a backward step to take for the forum to remove the ability to reply and ask questions in the public domain, although I agree that rubbishing of people's advertised price is something that would need to be addresed.

R

·
0 Posts
If someone is selling an item and you want to ask a Question then why not simply PM them or use the pager ?? :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
The voice of reason ray :lol:

I understand where the guys are coming from, that an answer from a posted question will help other 'watchers', save them PM'ing the same question to the Seller.

I'm unsure which way to go on this...

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its also about everyone getting the same info - like what bids have been made - for fairness sake.

and the most compelling - this is a FORUM, everything should be up for discussion, not just somewhere to post classified ads with no posts recorded against them.

if i advertise a 156 for example, surely on a forum posts relating to condition, service history, price, mods etc etc are all helpful, even if the poster is not interested in buying - thats what a forum is for surely

1 - 20 of 51 Posts