Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Morning,

Some t*** decided to driving the other way as close as possible last night was a good idea and clipped my wing mirror. Amazing save for a a bit of White Merc paint which came off and broken glass it's OK. though cracked the mirror is usable until I can get a replacement. I took it off after it happened as it was hanging and am looking to put it back on this morning. Is there a specific order for the wire connectors for heating? I may not connect today but just wanted to know for when I get the new one.

Thanks in advance and Happy Christmas to all!

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
There are two small wires/connectors on the back of the heated mirror glass and its 24vdc so it does not matter which way they go on.

Use a small screwdriver to prise off the small spade connectors from the tabs as just pulling them off may break the wiring.

I get mine from here as the eBay ones are cheap copies.

https://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/parts/147_Mirror_Glass.shtml

It states 147 but they are the same on the GT.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Hope you ordered an OEM one.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Hope its ok as I also ordered one that sold as OEM spec but although it was the right shape it was smaller in overall size!
I ordered one from the link above which came in Alfa packaged box.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope its ok as I also ordered one that sold as OEM spec but although it was the right shape it was smaller in overall size!
I ordered one from the link above which came in Alfa packaged box.
Thanks for the link. I thought I'd checked Alfaworkshop before ordering and didn't see any. If what I ordered is crap I'll order from your link. For a tenner plus posting I won't be gutted. :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mirror update

Hi all and Happy 2019! I received the new mirror last week but was away so just saw it today. Looks as good as the original so I'm happy with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts