Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the stage where I need to replace the rack as I reassemble components back in the engine bay (I removed more or less everything whilst the engine and gearbox were out). For removal I separated the rack from the sub-frame first, then dropped the subframe, detached the rack from the steering column in the footwell and removed the rack. Can anyone who has done this advise as to the easiest way to put it back in please? In reverse order as above or mount it to the subframe first and reinstall both at the same time? How tricky is it to align the rack drive with the splined uj on the steering column? I suspect I may also have screwed up on not routing the hydraulic pipes around the bay to the back earlier in the rebuild as most things are back in and I am now looking at two very long pipes one of which is almost completely rigid (though splits into two parts) and am not entirely sure the route it takes above the gearbox. I am regretting not taking more pictures and leaving it so long from removal that my memory isn't up to the challenge (why did I think it would only be a couple of weeks and it would all be back in!). If anyone has any photos of the routing or the general layout above the gearbox I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Another person joining and not searching the forum for their question.
Link to a month old thread on the topic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts