Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm am trying to fit a original air box into my spider so have disposed of my the crappy cone filter only to realise i have got the resinotor box and to be honest dont want to fit one.

I have read that alot of people replace these with a straight through pipe even though its a funny angle joining the two.

I have measured the pipe coming off the throttle body and the end is 70mm but the pipe off the intake box and maff is 75mm, so I need a a pipe that connects the two but can't find any on ebay.

So to the guys that replaced the resinotor, what size pipe did you go for a were did you buy it?

Thanks Jon

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Ditto. If you fund a source in red silicone then let me know.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mine is a phase one twinspark,

Not sure if this is the original pipes, but the pipe leaving the throttle body has been on the car since I bought it.

As you can see I have managed to get hold of a original air box and moved the maf Down to were it's ment to be, but as you can see from the pick the angles are a little off,

I'm thinking to get a 5/6 inch x 70mm pipe and just try and make it fit?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not sure if this is the original pipes, but the pipe leaving the throttle body has been on the car since I bought it.
The pipe leaving the TB looks the pipe that should be attached to the MAF above filter housing box. Looks like you are missing the flexi section.

On a ph1 TS from the TB, I believe the sections should be as follows: Flexi, Resonator, L-shape, MAF and filter housing.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh that makes sense, I have just been out and compare the two pipe and simular except the pipe off the throttle body has a sensor going into it.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts