Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TI has a factory fit standard head unit with Bose. I'd like to replace with the original AR head-unit w/navigation and B&M. Is this possible for a installed Bose system? How can I buy one?
Any help and advise would be appreciated.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
have you been told the cost of a factory nav unit for the 159? i suspect it'll put you off - i don't know the cost, but i have a good imagination. ;)

B&M is not retrofit is it? don't think so.

what are your priorities?
*sat nav
*BT
*iPod, iPhone
*other?

you are probably best with an aftermarket headunit like the Pioneer AVIC series, which are popular amongst 159/Brera/Spider owners. some dealers fit them as an option. can be integrated with Bose, as can any aftermarket headunit.

:)

·
Premium Member
7,750 Posts

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
have pioneer gotten rid of that stupid fuse on the ground track with the new release?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
good question! don't know. but hey - blowing the ground track fuse was due 99.99% to user-error/poor installation technique. not Pioneer's fault, but it is a nuisance; soooo many people fry it when they attempt to install their own gear. :rolleyes:

:)

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
agreed but some were really iffy and blew for small spikes up or down. Drawing ground from RCA or arial caused so many issues but at least you could hear straight away when it went.. i could never understand the logic for it though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts