Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I have a broken rear air vent (one of the round ones) and have bought a replacement vent...

Does the vent just pull out of the console or does the console have to be taken out and the vent removed from the inside?

Any help from anyone who has had to replace a vent would be great...

Cheers
Mike

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you look at the new one, does its design give you any hints? If you're unsure, I think the cowling holding the 2 vents unscrews fairly straighforwardly. You are talking about the vents inbetween the front seats, pointing at the rear passengers, yes?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look at the new one, does its design give you any hints? If you're unsure, I think the cowling holding the 2 vents unscrews fairly straighforwardly. You are talking about the vents inbetween the front seats, pointing at the rear passengers, yes?
Hi,
Thanks for your reply... yep, I'm talking about the two vents in between the front seats, pointing at the rear passengers...
Do you know where the screws are that I'd need to undo to remove that section to get inside and undo the vent?

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
558 Posts
Mine's broken as well and have it in my hand.
Carefully put a screwdriver between the circular bezel and the molding next to it and it should pop out.
The 2 flaps on the vent are joined underneath by a control arm that links to a large circular flap which sits in the centre console.
It looks as if the control arm can separtae from either end - mine is still attached to the vent.

The vent is about £15 from the AR dealer - haven't got round to buying another one yet.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First job I did this, open the vents up and grip opposite sides with both hands - backs of hands together - sharp tug and it's out. No screws on my 1999 one.

second hand ones are about a fiver on ebay and I've only ever seen dark grey, got a new fuse box cover on there from a dealer for less than a tenner posted too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts