Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one before I break anything. One of my lights is out on the number plate. 156 Sportwagon. Do they just pop out with a bit of force? Or is their some amazing thing I'm not aware of to get the bulb holders out?

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Assuming it's the same as the saloon, you lever out one side of the black surround with a butter knife. Can't remember which side I'm afraid.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
No need to "lever" anything...
Just slide sideways and it will drop out.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
Really? No chance of that on mine - maybe it's different on the facelift.
I'm sure it is exactly the same.
You push them sideways to compress the spring, then the other end will drop out.

Same as the front repeaters.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Nope they are exactly the same on both. Problem is they get all crusted up so usually you have to poke it but DC is correct.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks folks. I'll try the slide first then if that fails I'll try the Lever method. Let you know which works.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
If you just lever it out instead of sliding, you will break the light or the bumper... and then you won't be able to get them to stay in place!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I think what trashbat was getting to is they are often stuck so you need to lever it over to get it to come free DC:)

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
I think what trashbat was getting to is they are often stuck so you need to lever it over to get it to come free DC:)
Maybe, but his description to "lever out one side of the black surround with a butter knife" wouldn't give that impression to someone that didn't know how they come out.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Maybe, but his description to "lever out one side of the black surround with a butter knife" wouldn't give that impression to someone that didn't know how they come out.
very true :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just remembered to get back to you on this. Scredriver and sliding sorted it. All very apparent once you get them out. I had 2 wee LED 501 bulbs that I was going to put in the side lights (until I found out the sides aren't 501) so popped them in. sorted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts