Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mito with Bose sound + Blue&Me and was wondering how integrated the Blue&Me is with the head unit. Does anyone know if I can exchange it for an Alpine IVA W505 w/o loss of the phone functionalities?

I honestly think the Media part of the B&M is absolute crap and would much rather have it work seamlessly with an iPod as I know these units do. I like the phone functions though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you actually replace the cd player on a mito without messing up the whole panel? Would there be a gap? Because i'm thinking of buying my mito and then replacing the cd player for an ipod compatible cd player rather than having blue and me which is pricey. Can this be done? or is there any other way of playing an ipod other than an fm transmitter -(they dont work!) in a mito.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
phone functions would more than likely be lost if you change the headunit. the factory setup will be integrated with the factory headunit.

if you change to an alpine 2-DIN, then you can add their BT adaptor, like the KCE-400BT. or have a separate unit like a Parrot.

nexxia website shows dashkits for the MiTo. i've never seen a MiTo (not yet released in Oz), let alone seen the wiring for the headunit. but i presume they haven't reinvented the wheel, and changed the plugs instead of still using ISO plugs.

Alfa Mito Car Radio fitting kits

:)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Bose is problem 1, the Blue and me is problem 2.

What is the problem with the ipod?

Personally I use a cheapo USB memory stick for B&M and syc it to the MP3 library and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the problem with the iPod?

1) It has to be windows formated and I don't use windows...
2) It only reads MP3... I have a CD ripped 100 GB collection in Apple Lossless (MUCH better sound). I have to re-rip playlists, etc.... pita.
3) Much more information from an iPod on Alpine than iPod on original radio...
4) Using the Alpine unit I mentioned you get video out of the iPod too...
...the list really does go on.... but these are enough reasons for me.

I use the cheapo USB stick solution too, but once you go Alpine it's hard to go back... my old car had an alpine / ipod unit in it.

I'll go to a local Alpine dealer and see what they have to say about it all...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
You will need to lose the B&M and the Bose then, including the phone and pick up with Alpine compatable components for your interfaces and hopefully your steering remotes.

It will read almost anything except mp4 and AAC due to a licensing issue, but no...no video.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
again, unless alfa reinvented the wheel with the Bose installation, an aftermarket headunit is compatible to a large degree. preferably install a headunit with at least 4V RCA preouts, and utilise these as the audio output to the amp, rather than the speakerwire outputs.

same principles apply with Bose in the 147/156/GT, and i have outlined these details in the stickied thread atop this forum. worth a read in case it helps: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/153629-how-to-install-aftermarket-headunit-a-guide-147-156-gt.html

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts