Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago the ECU on my GTV alarm stopped working. Rather than just get it reprogrammed I chose to upgrade to a Meta HPA with remote boot release. I got it from Abacus Alarms and Sam could not have been more helpful and delivery was really quick. it was easy to fit but took a while to work out how to get the boot real ease working. If you are doing this remove the boot release switch and splice a wire from pin 87 to the red and yellow wire. Do the same with pin 30 and the black wire. When you get the HPA two pins on the relay are linked. This link isn't needed. Cost £150 for the HPA, £25 for the boot release, £20 for a new siren and £10 for a couple of nicer key fobs with £25 back if you send you old M99 T2 back. Will post photos if I can work out how to on a iPad.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Would be handy to have a boot release on the fob!

The thing that really bugs me about my Meta is that when setting/locking it keeps beeping until the interior lights go out.

Does the new alarm ecu just plug straight into the old connector, or does it need an adapter?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The HPA alarm is set up to plug straight in using the old connectors from the Meta. I also replaced the siren. These have a lithium battery so they can operate even if the battery is disconnected or they are unplugged and degrade over the years. I went for a cheap replacement with no battery back up as most people ignore car alarms and you still have the immobiliser.

If you go for the boot release option then a relay is added which has a single wire output that provides 12v +ce when you press the second button on the alarm key fob. I couldn't get this to operate my boot release so changed the way the relay was wired up and got it working.

Sam at Abacus is very knowledgeable and helpful. Give him a bell and have a chat, he can probably advise you better than I can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts