Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since last year I am the happy owner of a Giulietta QV. Some changes has been done already. External as well as internal. More is planned to be done, among which the replacement of the audio/nav system bij a 2DIN system. Have been busy with it for more then 6 months already. E.g. after searching the internet for a long time I finally had a new facia coming in from Japan. And had it worked and sprayed on with my own design. The only remaining problem seems to be to retain the steeringwheel controls. I have a complete Blue&Me plus satnav (aka instantnav), factory built-in. At the time it seemed nice, but now it appears to be a 'big pain in the behind'...

After even more searching it did seem to work. Via a dealer here in the Netherlands a cableset had been ordered at a foreign supplier. Based on that good news I recently had ordered all kind of stuff: speakers, subwoofer, amplifiers, Pioneer F960DAB and such. This all has already been planned also with a company to build it all in. At the final point it suddenly appeared that the cableset does not work. A 'mild collapse' mentally for me. People who previously told me it could be done and also had it done, now suddenly letting me down completely :( Again after intensive searching and asking 'round the globe (several cableset suppliers like Connect2, Paser etc.etc.) I still haven't found anything. Dealers also say it is 'impossible'. Appearently it has to do with the cabletree (if I say it right in english). The issue being the CAN-BUS which works with Quadlock. Were I not to have the satnav, but just the radio, it would all have been simple. This seems to be an ISO connection. Not a problem at all. But now it does.

In the meanwhile it has cost me a lot of money, time and energy already. So I will not have it rest like this, and determined to have it working. Can't/won't believe it can't be done, simply because (appearently) too few people asked for this. So companies like Paser have not been looking into this seriously. I am practically open to every option and suggestion, even the replacement of the complete cabletree.

In short, I am looking desperately for someone who DOES know how to deal with this. In whatever way. As long as (s)he gets it working for me. If a new cabletree is necessary of some bypass of the can-bus system, justg doe it and I will be very thankfull! So please, please can anybody help me in this matter?

greetz,
Tanya
------------------
Giulietta QV
159 2.4 JTDm
147 1.9 JTDm
156 1.8 TS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally it all worked out. In the beginning of last week I brought her to Navishop (Nootdorp, Netherlands). After a couple of days everything was put in place. And even the steeringwheelcontrols worked! They used an interface with dipswitches for that (configuration for a Mito appearently). Everything works of the steeringwheel, except for the phone. But that's not a problem, the beautiful screen of the AVIC F60DAB is very clear and quite easy. Took me about 8 months, but I am very happy with the new audio and navigation! ;) What a big relief .. finally, finally a navigation which is truly easy and actually fits the 21st century. Dito for the audio system. With absolute fabulous sound from the new boxes (with double silencing in the doors, therefore no resonance as well). And well, my new dashboard took some effort, but looks amazing ;)

The only thing that remains, is a flashing km-counter... I have been to Savali (Houten, Netherlands) for this and have them do a new proxy-realining (not sue if it's called like that in english, but means reconnecting all the computers in the car to have them all recognized). But this didn't help. It's a little getting used to, but nevertheless still somewhat annoying.

Does anybody know how this can be fixed anyway?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The final solution

Well ok, I finally have the last issue fixed! No flashing odometer anymore ;) But this is not done by means of the interface cable of Pioneer (Alfa Romeo 159 (03-2005/*) - Speakers and Accessories for your car - by Pioneer). That one doesn't work in the Giulietta. There was no mounting point anymore to go to from the Pioneer itself. Just maybe that mounting point disappeared when they changed my original Satnav-screen for the standard dashboardcase-thingie. But anyway, that option did not work.

What DID work:
At Navishop they called in the help from Auto Romeo, a shop nearby. They installed new (body)software and did a new proxy aligning. This way I don't have the software anymore of a Giulietta with satnav, but one without that. Therefore there is also no conflict anymore with other systems, or double Bluetooth connections. Like I had, one from Blue&Me and that from Pioneer (resulted in funny situations with the phonebutton on the steeringwheel). Now everything works like a charm! No flashing and all 'standard' ;)

The only 'disadvantage' now is, that I have to get used that stupid digital turbometer in front of me. I always drive in the 'D' mode, and then that thing shows up. I guess it's normal, but I don't like that. I'ld rather have a separate, analog turbometer. Like it is with the Alfa 159. So I am going to try to have that fixed in the software (if possible at all), so I can choose a normal (non stressfull) display; like that with day and date notation. Luxurous problem ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts