Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my Pinifarina badges went AWOL during a recent visit to a hand carwash. They've sent me a cheque to buy a replacement, but the old one has left behind a load of hard adhesive gunk.

So can anyone advise what I should try using to get rid of the old adhesive? Isopropyl alcohol maybe? The badges have a peel off backing like this, if it's any help:

http://i.imgur.com/2vA2u7B.jpg

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hairdryer and warm soapy water should do the trick - and then a bit of fine cutting polish - I used the D3 product to remove the shading borders.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm ... no electricity where it's parked. I'll try it with hot water and fairy liquid, see how that works. Thanks!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would consider getting a small bottle of tar & glue remover. Halfords sell the Autoglym version but there are plenty of alternatives.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I used acetone (nail polish remover) when I've removed badges before, just use a small amount on a cloth, it will eat the paint if you leave it on too long.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just what I was looking for - just bought 2 new ones to replace the slightly faded 14 year old versions and was wondering about the old glue :thumbs:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't got around to doing this yet, so it sounds like the Autoglym is the way to go. New badge is in the post, so I'll report back once I've tried it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Autoglym stuff in the business, two minutes in Halfords car park and all the gunk is off. Thanks for the suggestion :thumbs:

Now I've just got to get the spirit level and ruler out so I can stick the new one on straight :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts