Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help. How the hell do you get out the Brembo brake pads that have the aluminum pins on the back side out of the caliper without taking off the entire caliper? I can not push in the piston far enough for the pads to come out because of the pins on the back side the pads. Are the pins attached to the shim? Can I pry the shim and pad apart while they're still in the caliper?! I'm at a complete lose.

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
If you have the ones with the locating pins into the pistons, you'll need to take the caliper off.

No point trying any other way as you'll need the caliper off to refit the correct pads anyway.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My QV didn't have the locating pins and just needed replacing in a similar way to the link attached covering the 147GTA.
First time they were done they found the O/S the Brembo caliber had seized and the pins were so tight they broke a pin punch.

What a difference when with the calibers now free and new discs/EBC Yellows fitted, so much feel and braking power back.
While the rears when replaced no such difference noted, but then I could only find standard pads to go with the new rotors.

Let us know how you get on.
Are replacing with standard pads once sorted?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts