Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I followed the guide on here but coudn't get the glass to detatch. I ended up cracking a mirror glass.

In the end I inserted a very fine screwdriver between the wing mirror body and the cap (right at the back near where it mounts onto the door) and levered the two apart enough to get a bigger screwdriver in. Then just pushed the longer, stronger screwdriver in further and carefully (bravely) levered the back cover (cap) off. It felt like it might break but it came off smoothly and easily on both sides.

James

·
Registered
291 Posts
I followed the guide on here but coudn't get the glass to detatch. I ended up cracking a mirror glass.

In the end I inserted a very fine screwdriver between the wing mirror body and the cap (right at the back near where it mounts onto the door) and levered the two apart enough to get a bigger screwdriver in. Then just pushed the longer, stronger screwdriver in further and carefully (bravely) levered the back cover (cap) off. It felt like it might break but it came off smoothly and easily on both sides.

James
Sorry to hear about the glass. I also managed to remove the cap with screwdrivers without removing the glass, but I did it from inside between the housing and the glass. I think it holds on four places.

Cona

1 - 5 of 5 Posts