Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband damaged my aerial when driving into a garage and forgetting that his bike was on the roof racks. bike was ok but the aerial mast was ripped out of the base. I need to replace it . Is it hard to replace (does the head lining need to be removed and how hard is that and can you get a replacement aerial?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thought i would reply to your lonely thread. I had to replace the aerial on my last 159 as it was broken when i first got it, i replaced it with a bee sting type off0 ebay didnt cost much was worried it might be a bit rubbish but turned out to be pretty good. As far as i can remember i managed to remove the rear end of the head lining (below the aerial) by popping off the two poppers holding the headling to the roof i then managed to disconnect the cable that connects to the aerial and undo what i remember was one nut that connects to the aerial thread inside car. The job was fiddly but only because i did not want to remove the head lining any more than i had to. but not difficult. without head lining in way it really would be a two minute job.

Hope it helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts