Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Replacing a Spider roof hydraulic hoses

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Nellytheroc 
#1 ·
This weekend, I’ll hopefully be replacing a leaking hydraulic hose on the Spider roof. In theory, I just need to undo both ends, re-assemble in reverse order, top up the fluid and enjoy a fully functioning roof once more. But being an Alfa, I’m guessing it won’t be that simple. Any hints or tips on how to do it would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

#2 ·
You're right on both counts. Just undo both ends and top up when done. However, you'll need finger with 4 knuckles and lots of patience.

I did a write up a few years ago with pics but I can't find it with a search. If you need pics, let me know and I'll dig them up.

It's not difficult, just alfa..I mean fiddly.

Robert

#3 ·
Robert
Many thanks, much appreciated. I think this could be the write up you are referring to...

The ram end I’m quite happy about; I know it comes off because I replaced the ram before realising that the hose was leaking. For the other end in simple terms; loosen or totally undo the motor retaining bolts? Undo the 4 bolts to release the plate that the pipes all go into. Remove circlip and remove hose? Is it just a conventional horseshoe type? Do you need any sealer when re-assembling?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks again for your help.

#4 ·
My memory says loosen the face plate that all the hoses go into and you'll get them off easily. I removed the face plate when I did it because I replaced all the hoses and it was easier. I didn't use any sealant. There are "o" rings on each hose - don't loose them.

Other than that it's a straight forward job.

Robert

#5 ·
Robert

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.