Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of changing the DMF to a solid one on my '06 GT 19jtdm.

Does anyone have any experience or comments about the conversion ie. vibrations, judder etc.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Thinking of changing the DMF to a solid one on my '06 GT 19jtdm.

Does anyone have any experience or comments about the conversion ie. vibrations, judder etc.

Thank you.
To cut a very long story short. I have been through 3 units on my modified GT clover. And the present Autolusso fixed smf GTA clutch kit is the best. Excellent modulation and take up, and takes my 400nm+ torque. Its a no brainer. I have had stage one organic, stage 2 dual fibre and the Autolusso unit is the best. Absolutely no judder. And faster midrange acceleration too.

Damien.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've purchased a Raicam kit from Italy, arrived today.
Is there a table of torque settings anywhere on the forum or does anyone know the flywheel bolts setting?
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All fitted, runs absolutely fine, no vibration whatsoever.

Here was the failing culprit. Clutch plate and DMF were fine. Only 62,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
All fitted, runs absolutely fine, no vibration whatsoever.

Here was the failing culprit. Clutch plate and DMF were fine. Only 62,000 miles.

Blimey...:paranoid:

good to hear that the SMF is a winner as I am having the Autolusso GTA kit fitted next month..:thumbup:

T

·
0 Posts
Blimey...:paranoid:

good to hear that the SMF is a winner as I am having the Autolusso GTA kit fitted next month..:thumbup:
I've had SMF and GTA clutch fitted, it's been a few days now. I have a school run that has stop start traffic any complaints, I've none. Is it noisy, slightly more chatter at slow speeds and on cold engines. Do I have any regrets NONE. I'll certainly recommend Autolusso clutch and SMF kit. The benefits out way a little chatter and vibration at low speed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a quick update on the clutch kit.
Done a good few hundred miles or so.
No vibration whatsoever be the engine hot or cold..In forward or reverse.
Well pleased:thumbup::thumbup:

Damian

T

·
0 Posts

Damian
I guess I'm still bedding mine in, there is a vibration noticeable when in reverse but not overly so. I would say that she revs much quicker, when I'm spirited I'm at the limiter much quicker than previously. On the flip side the car is still very easy to drive school run traffic isn't anymore challenging than previous. So for a sturdier clutch I really think its a no brainer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

Damian
What power you pushing on that clutch setup?

Damien.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts