Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone had a rad from them on ebay?

I just bought one from them for about £60 and it looks decent,(I can't fit it at the moment though as the car is in the workshop having the clutch replaced).

I was wondering if there are any issues with the bung on the rad,like there seems to have been with the ones from Boston Radiators?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Coolparts Radiator...

I bought one...

Very fast delivery from "CoolParts", too.

It LOOKS better made than the Boston one fitted to mine when i bought it, but I haven't had it on long enough to report on its' actual longevity. The alloy frame pieces used do seem fairly soft (unlike steel would..) - but at least the core is actually supported by having the top and bottom rails being fixed to the side panels (unlike the Boston one..)!

Also it has flat fins, like an OE part, which is supposedly more efficient - but then they might also be more prone to blockages. But, if you spend a little money to keep your cooling system in good order, I don't imagine that would be a problem.

I have given the car a good fast run with it fitted and it seems to work well enough and didn't leak at the bung - not yet anyway.

They're certainly cheap enough...!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I ordered mine last Wed afternoon and it arrived the following day.As you say it looks well made.
My only slight concern is that it says on the webpage that it doesn't fit my 2002 TS but it does fit the 3.0 of the same year, where as other sellers say they are all the same!:confused: I did message them about this but they sent it without comment - so, fingers crossed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts