Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Christmas job does anyone gave any good tips for replacing the rear discs someone told me the rear half shafts have to come out?
Many thanks

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Hi Christmas job does anyone gave any good tips for replacing the rear discs someone told me the rear half shafts have to come out?
Many thanks
very much doubt that, pretty sure GTV is same as spider (all are 105 rear axles)..........just did my spider rear discs and they should come off once the caliper is removed, the handbrake is loose/released, and you have removed those 2 screws set into the disc (get an impact driver to release those screws or you might 'screw' them up!)

If still stuck, apply some plusgas to the part of the disc that slips over the hub and use a hammer to tap sharply around that area of the disc between the studs.........the handbrake shoes, if you feel thay are binding, can be turned in (loosened) even more by putting a screwdriver thru the hole in the disc and turning the handbrake star adjuster, seen here:
Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums - View Single Post - S3 parking brake adjustment

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Those small screws were a right bu**er to shift. I managed to get one off on each side but ended up drilling the ends off the other two and got some ''new'' ones via a mechanic.

I think I was rather impatient and should have had more faith in ''shock'' ''heat'' ''freeze''.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Those small screws were a right bu**er to shift.....I think I was rather impatient and should have had more faith in ''shock'' ''heat'' ''freeze''.
I agree, they can be real bu**ers to loosen!

But a 10 quid impact driver like this takes them off in seconds without damage, every time, works like magic.....secret is to hit the driver with a BFH (not some little thing for hitting nails into the wall!)
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cht101-1-2in-drive-impact-screwdriver-se

1 - 4 of 4 Posts