Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got a couple of the ones David C linked to left and the black ones in the picture I pretty much always have stock of. Bit different to the original standard key but a lot cheaper than Alfa.
I'm interested in finding out a little more about these.

I need a fully working spare key but have no real idea about how to go about it. Is this only possible by bringing the car to you for programming or is there another way? I live in Sheffield so bringing the car to you (Sussex?) is a little far. Also, what are we looking at cost-wise?

·
Premium Member
Mito, 159
382 Posts
I'm interested in finding out a little more about these.

I need a fully working spare key but have no real idea about how to go about it. Is this only possible by bringing the car to you for programming or is there another way? I live in Sheffield so bringing the car to you (Sussex?) is a little far. Also, what are we looking at cost-wise?
I'm not the only person that can do these keys. So worth trying your local Auto locksmiths. But If you don't have any joy I could probably get to you at some point. The other half has family around Manchester. So could cut across to you on the way back next time we are up.

·
Premium Member
Mito, 159
382 Posts
Also interested in this, need a spare key for my GTA. Can you give more details Cromwell, prices etc, thanks.
I too would be interested. I need a spare key for my GT. Seems like there's quite a few of us on here..
Don't want to put prices up at the moment as i'm not registered as a trader on the forum. So probably treading on thin ice anyway. But feel free to PM me.
If any of the Mods could give me details of what i need to do to register as a trader on the forum it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello all, this is my first reply on the forum. I live in Glasgow and have been quoted £330 all in for a replacement key. Unfortunately a garage decided to sell me a car with one key recently..... ive been quoted £217+ vat for the key , £45 for code and £30 to program....does anyone know anyone in Scotland who can help and offer the same service as Cromwell.....?

·
Registered
121 Posts
hello all, this is my first reply on the forum. I live in Glasgow and have been quoted £330 all in for a replacement key. Unfortunately a garage decided to sell me a car with one key recently..... ive been quoted £217+ vat for the key , £45 for code and £30 to program....does anyone know anyone in Scotland who can help and offer the same service as Cromwell.....?
If you managed to find this service let me know as i need a spare for my 156. If i come across anyone local i'll get in touch...i'm just out in Kilbarchan.

·
Premium Member
Mito, 159
382 Posts
What Model is your car 147, 156 or GT? If its a 156 whats your vin number? (more than one system on the 156 so i can check what you have)

·
Premium Member
Mito, 159
382 Posts
If you managed to find this service let me know as i need a spare for my 156. If i come across anyone local i'll get in touch...i'm just out in Kilbarchan.
Two types of system on the 156 if you can give me your vin number I'll let you know what you have. Later system is easier to DIY if you have a working key already.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What Model is your car 147, 156 or GT? If its a 156 whats your vin number? (more than one system on the 156 so i can check what you have)
hi Cromwell,

I have the 147 GT - three button key fob....so I understand this is more tricky from what I read. if you can do anything for me it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I'm a newbie having purchased my GT JTDM only a month ago but with only one key! Cromwell, please could you be able to give me an idea of price for the new key and programming? I'm in Berkshire so not too much hassle to get down to East Sussex.

·
Premium Member
Mito, 159
382 Posts
Hi guys, I'm a newbie having purchased my GT JTDM only a month ago but with only one key! Cromwell, please could you be able to give me an idea of price for the new key and programming? I'm in Berkshire so not too much hassle to get down to East Sussex.
Can't send you a PM as your a new forum member. But you can email me at [email protected] and i'll get back to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Big thanks to Cromwell for sorting me a new key today for my GT. All done in just about 30 mins with no hassle. Now to decide how I spend the chunk of money saved!

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi mate,

did you manage to find anyone up this way that can provide a replacement key service. I am speaking to auto lock smith in Glasgow currently who can do the programming etc but are trying to find a suitable replacement key without going to *****.
cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
well after several weeks of trying to get a replacement key sorted for my GT it looks as though I am finally going to bite the bullet and go to the stealers.... I've spoken to Cromwell on here who was very helpful and informative but just a shame I don't live closer to him. I also spoke to auto car key company but that looks to have hit a wall with them advising I need to get key from ***** with code - it looks like ***** have us by the **** for replacement keys: £345 for a replacement key is a joke...!!!

G

·
Worth noting that Autolusso also do a key replacement service (the main Dunstable location does, I don't know about Penrith or AL South).

Appears to be between £150 and £250 all-in, but you need to attend in person for programming.

Autolusso - Key Programming

·
Registered
12 Posts
Worth noting that Autolusso also do a key replacement service (the main Dunstable location does, I don't know about Penrith or AL South).

Appears to be between £150 and £250 all-in, but you need to attend in person for programming.

Autolusso - Key Programming
thanks - I spoke with Dan there at Penrith branch and he's saying the same really - needs to be a new key as they don't do cloning. I might just go with a spare key blade so at least if I lose my key I can get into the car at least. Once thing is for sure, if I ever buy a car going forward I'll be making sure it has 2 keys :) and not an *****..!!! shame as I'm really enjoying ownership, apart from this malarky...!!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts