Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I received a replacement engine for my 156 2.0 ts (2001 Y) The engine I got was said to have come from the same year car.
Looking at the new engine it seemed the same, but tonight i noticed the throtle cable is in a different place and the biggest plug from the loom has less pins. The throtle cable is not clearly visable on my old engine.
Any Ideas? is this engine still ok to use, can i just swap the throtle body thing?

Cheers.

Also anyone know the tightening torque for the big end caps?

C

·
0 Posts
Just swap the throttle body. Is one cable, and one fly-by-wire?
Aye. nail, head.

You may need to swap thge engine loom over but the engine itself is compatable. Its odd that his, on a y plate isn't a FBW anyway.

C

·
0 Posts
All seles are... Latest thottle cable ar I've seen is a CF2 2001 w plate IIRC. CF3's must be FBW and CF2's cable operated I guess.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
simple, as chris155 says, swap throttle body, ecu [ which is on top of it ] & the engine wiring loom.... possibly HT packs too.

that way you won't have any key/immobilsier issues.

if you used the 'new' ecu you'd have to get the keys programme dinto it.

are both engines the same cc.

i swapped a1.8 into a 2.0l car, using the original ecu form the 2.0l, i had to reset the adaptive parameter, using alfadaig, but my ecu was an m1.5.5...yours is a ME3.1 which doesn;t give you that option

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
a 2.0 has balancer shafts on it, and therefore the associated pullets and belts, the 1.6 and 1.8 do not. That's easiest.

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts