Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all....:) Has anybody used Tarox G88 replacment discs on there 147gta (330mm), are they any good?? Does anyone recomend anything for the road and the odd track day? How about replacement pads, are Ferrodo DS2500 subtable for 330mm? Im after Road/Track day pad. A bit of an all round set-up.... thanks again :)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
is the G88 available in this size? that's good, cos i didn't think it was. do you have a part number?

i don't know about track performance, but i ran the G88 on my old 156 (non-Brembo brakes). so i never pushed them to any real limits, but they looked damn fine and had no issues. except were expensive (cos i had to import from UK to australia).

from my own reading, the DS2500 seem a great allround pad that offers some extra bite for roaduse, and has good heat tolerance on the track. no personal experience though.

:)

·
7,713 Posts
:lol: i didn't even notice that!

the G88's for my 156 set me back around AUS$700 the pair to land them here (from Need for Speed in UK). 330mm rotors can only be worse!

bit of research (which you've probably done already):
*part no. 0768
*330 x 32 x 44.7mm
*~UK$230 pair (ouch)

could easily be AUS$1000 landed.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I just changed to the Tarox SJ drilled and grooved disks front and rear...Running DS2500's on the front and std alfa pads on the rear. Literally changed them today and so far so good....Still breaking the disks in but initial bite seems better than on the standard disks...

Phil

·
7,713 Posts
i am certainly no expert with brakes, but i imagine that the pads are the important component here. i doubt the discs actually offer much improvement, except to optimise pad performance (ie: de-gas and improve cooling).

so i think any improvement in feel and performance should have more to do with the pads than discs. it's not to say a change in discs is not a good idea if you want to go all-out.

would that be right? cos then i wouldn't change to something like the expensive G88's unless my discs were worn and needed replacing anyway (which is why i bought them for my 156).

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I would have agreed with you before today...the pads are the same ones i have been using so there was no need to bed them in i did a couple of stops from 100+ and the brakes definately felt better than on std disks..I don't know why the initial bit feels better but it does..Maybe its the increased pedal feel from removing the shims...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts