Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate has had a prang in his spider and the insurance cant find a replacemenet bonnet, they won't accept a second hand/ebay job and hes bin withou his car for over 2months now. Where in the UK can I get hold of a NEW Alfa GTV bonnet ?

He's gettin sick of driving around in his Fiesta 1.2l ;)

Cheers.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Yes, I've heard these are difficult to get hold off. Some chap on here (can't remember who) had is bonnet fly open on him whilst driving along. If you do a search in the GTV lounge for 'bonnet' or something like that I'm sure you'll find him If you contact him he might be able to tell you where he got his new bonnet from.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Ahh, just found the link here

H

·
0 Posts
You could try a PM or email to rgwm

His name is Richard Murtha and he breaks Alfa's but he's also pretty high up in AROC he may have a contact :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys - managed to source one from Alfaholics.

Muchly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Hope they've got some left - I need one too after a Corsa got silly in front of me :(

(previously of Leamington Spa/Harbury BTW - just noticed your location gav!)

R

·
0 Posts
I'd go for the carbon fibre one if I ever trash mine, if that price is genuine it should be worth it.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I can't believe at that price its really carbon fibre...

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I thought the original is made form GRP though, so how can these other ones be so much lighter :confused:

R

·
0 Posts
Good question, and no idea. Unless they use less GRP, or a thinner thickness which would surely reduce the strength. The carbon idea sounds good though.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
there was a spider bonnet in Wilsons of Epsom in grey primer. I know this cos a mate works there and ive just bought a GTV. Luckily i dont need one but he told me anyway...... hope this helps....let me know

A

·
0 Posts
Apparently i have a bonnet on its way from Italy!!
Finally, only taken these Italians five weeks. Quick workers aren't they.
Car is now due an MOT its been away so long.......

A

·
0 Posts
Bonnets appear to be hard to come by according to my bodyshop.
5 weeks and they were still saying they have no delivery date for mine.
Phoned Alfa customer care to enquire about one myself. Within an hour I had Alfa Romeo in Italy on the phone saying they can get me a bonnet in the UK in four days. Thats pretty good service.
Then phoned Alfaholics to enquire and they could have a bonnet in the bodyshop the next day!
This morning got the bodyshop to order from the guys at Alfaholics

Might have to try and get a few freebies done at the bodyshop as they seem to be so inept/brainless to source one themselves, that they have to get their customers to do the job for them.

At least repairs start today

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Bonnets appear to be hard to come by according to my bodyshop.
5 weeks and they were still saying they have no delivery date for mine.
Phoned Alfa customer care to enquire about one myself. Within an hour I had Alfa Romeo in Italy on the phone saying they can get me a bonnet in the UK in four days. Thats pretty good service.
Then phoned Alfaholics to enquire and they could have a bonnet in the bodyshop the next day!
This morning got the bodyshop to order from the guys at Alfaholics

Might have to try and get a few freebies done at the bodyshop as they seem to be so inept/brainless to source one themselves, that they have to get their customers to do the job for them.

At least repairs start today
Interesting read as I need a new bonnet. Is Alfaholics' a factory original or do they manufacture their own. If so, how does the quality compare?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts