11,604 Posts
Small hands you will need...

:lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bulb

need to replace dip beam headlight on 156 offside am i right in thinking the round black plastic cover will need removing does it screw or pull off

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
Turn anti-clockwise (in the direction of the arrow on the back...)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have just replaced the bulb in my 159 sounds exactly the same as the 156 i turned the black cap came off bit of a squeeze, pulled off the connector undone the retaining clip removed the bulb fillament was broken good so far checked it was the same as the one i had bought before opening the packety (ahhhhh been caught before with that) didnt touch the bulb glass held by the base replace reconnected the retaining clip pushed on the connector great ignition on light on no light o/s wstill working but the one i replaced not working any ideas why?

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
but surley both dipped beams would be out o/s is working it the n/s that is still not working they dont have a seperate fuse do they ........or do they this is an alfa i suppose :lol:
Separate fuses.

all in the manual...

·
Registered
277 Posts
That is great if it is a fuse had all sorts of nightmares thinking it could be a broken whire somewhere cheers for than will check it out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Right here we go check the fuses they are ok but they are not the same in the car as in the manual the manual says F12 F13 BUT THE FUSEBOX COVER SAYS F15 F16 i checked them all anyway i have put a meter on the bulb and the bulb is ok i have check the wire and they are undamaged and look in great condition. What do i do now????:(

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i managed to get the plastic cover off lol, how the hell do i remove the clip that holds bulb in, is there a special tool, anyone help please

L

·
0 Posts
use a vanity mirror & a torch to see the clips, then using your thumb & fore finger give the clips a good squeeze & a wiggle, be sure to remove the 2 wire connector first. be sure to fit the bulb in correctly, there is a tab on the bulb that aligns wiht a slot in the headlight.

G

·
0 Posts
Ahh...the joys of such a simple little job....prediction 5 mins......reality 60 mins and bloody fingers...i love Alfa !! :lol:
It does take 5 minutes maximum, for me anyway.
Then again I often forget that the average owner only needs to change a bulb every 3 years or so... I do it virtually every day (No... Not on my car!):lol:

It isn't difficult, with a little pre-planning and use of a torch,mirror and snipe nosed pliers it's a lot easier... :thumbs:
You guys should try fitting a newer type Toyota Celica, Honda Prelude dipped beam bulb or even a Citroen C5! In fact any kind of modern car with big long sweeping down headlights!
Now that IS the the definition of "pain in the a*%e":rolleyes::D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I told my gf visitng me that I will be back in 10 mins going to fit the two replacement bulbs as one had burnt out. With the fingers going numb in the cold, the replacement too more than 40 bleeding minutes! And I couldn't fit the bulb back to the holder firmly on the driver side as there was limited space to put my hand in and I had taken the entire holder out so I am trying to figure out how to fit the thing firmly back as it is shaking like a tooth now....aargh....joys of loving an Alfa....still not lost love for my baby (my car that is, not my gf!)....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts